You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity v2 Apps Won't Launch in Windows 10

• Staff

One more thing to try and you'll need to check that doing this won't totally disable any display options of your laptop or even it it is possible.

Try disabling the Intel Graphics adapter.

In you log.txt file there is a reference to skipping an unsupported device. This could be the intel adapter or something else that has been left behind

Hi @Pauls

I have done this a few times. Tried it with Intel diabled and with Nvidia disabled.

Each time I get the same results.

Did you see my message that Affinity V1 apps run fine?

This issue only seems to be affecting Affinity V2 apps and nothing else on my laptop.

Even my GPU heavy programs like Resolve and Blender are fine. Very strange.

• 1 month later...

I don't know whether to post here or make a new thread.

If I download/install the trial V2 universal pk, do you think that would show me if I would have any problems installing the purchased pk? I have V1 and want to take advantage of the Spring Sale, but now I'm reluctant to. I came to the forum to see what problems might exist with upgrading to V2. I am very computer literate but not professionally-trained. I don't have the heart to go through what @spidermurph did to resolve any issues.

Please give your opinion and thank you so much.

While my computer is older, Intel Core i3-4150 CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz, my system runs perfectly and is compatible for V2: Windows 10 Home, OS Build 19045.4046, RAM 16GB.

Designing, Arting, Writing, Crafting, Lover of the Creative Life

1610156076_ACDSLogoSignature300x85.jpg.c89db6d14f97a9fa918b538f50ce769d.jpg

Linktr.ee

7 minutes ago, ACDesignStudio said:

If I download/install the trial V2 universal pk, do you think that would show me if I would have any problems installing the purchased pk?

The trial code and the retail code is functionally identical, except for how the licensing works, so that should let you see how well it would work for you.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

51 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

that should let you see how well it would work for you.

Have downloaded the 3 trial V2 apps and chose .exe. Have searched the forum and the store and can't find an end date for the Spring Sale. Do you know?

Linktr.ee

19 minutes ago, demonweasel said:

I'd absolutely been using the trial installers/versions when I was having all this trouble.

Are you saying that you used the trial versions successfully then bought the pkg? How is it going?

Linktr.ee

19 hours ago, ACDesignStudio said:

can't find an end date for the Spring Sale. Do you know?

I don't know when the Sale ends, and generally Serif doesn't announce the end dates until shortly before they end. If you've signed up for notifications from Serif they should email you before it ends, when they announce the end date.

There's a link at https://store.serif.com/en-us/account/details/ to "Manage your email marketing preferences" where you can sign up for marketing info.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

23 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

...that should let you see how well it would work for you.

FYI For Anyone Interested, download/installation of the .exe files went perfectly. Have been testing the 3 apps without a hitch. Love the new interface! Really, once you see that you don't want to go back. I'll wait a couple of days and then I expect to come onboard with V2! So excited! 🤸🏽‍♀️

Linktr.ee

22 hours ago, demonweasel said:

I too was a little gunshy (and broke) and wanted to make sure it worked first.

I've been on a fixed income for years and have been blessed to get The Suite. Serif provides such regular and deep discounts that Affinity is very affordable to anyone who would like to have it. Even if a person had to save up, it wouldn't take long. Most of my purchases have been at a discount. I love Serif and having the Affinity apps means the world to me. I never thought that I'd be able to have anything like this. The learning and educational resources that are available are also outstanding. I always overview and share the company whenever I see an opportunity around the Net.

Linktr.ee