You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How can I uninstall Photo v2 in order to do a clean reinstall

GrahamP

I tied using the link feature on my brush groups but when I tried to close Photo I got a message saying 'waiting for content installation tasks to complete' this message stayed on screen for 9+ hours until I used task manager to close the program. Now when I open Photo the brush list is empty and when I try to close Photo I still get the 'waiting for content installation tasks to complete' message.

I decided to uninstall the program and reinstall but Photo v2 does not appear in the list of programs available for uninstall. Help!

n.b. None of the Affinity v2 programs appear in the uninstall a program list.

I found Photo v2 in apps and tried all the options to repair it nothing worked and uninstalling and reinstalling has no effect, the problem remains.

Also I found the same 'waiting for content installation' message is present also in Designer and Publisher even though no modification was made to the brushes in those programs.

• Staff

Hi @GrahamP

Have you tried resetting your user data as suggested above? Can you let me know if this has resolved your issue? 

When the reset user data screen appears try selecting reset brushes.

I am currently Out of Office, please tag @Affinity Info Bot in your replies for another member of QA to see. 

How to format a bug report | List of V2 FAQ's | Affinity Photo (V2) Tutorials | Affinity Designer (V2) Tutorials | Affinity Publisher (V2) Tutorials

• 2 weeks later...