You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am trying to record a macro which involved placing a photo from a folder. Previous Affinity was able to do so, but in Affinity 2 I am getting an error which reads, 'Macro Error:- Can't Add image'. How am I going to add an image now, is there any other way to do so?

Secondly,

My generated macros from Affinity 1 are not working in Affinity 2. Just pressing it crashes it. Now since Affinity 2 starts as a standalone app I don't where are the crash files being stored.

So please just tell me, how add photo in Affinity 2 if place photo doesn't work now and is there a way to use previous macros in Affinity 2

Affinity 2 issue.png

9 minutes ago, Talalmnsr said:

I am trying to record a macro which involved placing a photo from a folder. Previous Affinity was able to do so, but in Affinity 2 I am getting an error which reads, 'Macro Error:- Can't Add image'. How am I going to add an image now, is there any other way to do so?

@Talalmnsr

The inability to place a photo in V2 has been reported before

I'm not sure what you are doing exactly but you could try opening the photo and recording copy/paste in a macro

If that is no good, please give us more information as to what the macro does and is to be used for

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

dragging a png into the opened document allows the macro to be recorded but there is no dedicated placement and snapping feature.

image.png.bb38a4b784a69e6937425d9429879dea.png

Sketchbook (with Affinity Suite usage) | timurariman.com | artstation store

Windows 11 Pro - 23H2 | Ryzen 5800X3D | RTX 3090 - 24GB | 128GB |
Main SSD with 1TB | SSD 4TB | PCIe SSD 256GB (configured as Scratch disk) |

Great that it is useful for you. :)
Those Buttons in your image are for aligning layer content and depending on the use case (placing an image logo via macro) they are of course a great enough alternative to the "place..." feature.

Edited by myclay
spellcheck

Sketchbook (with Affinity Suite usage) | timurariman.com | artstation store

Windows 11 Pro - 23H2 | Ryzen 5800X3D | RTX 3090 - 24GB | 128GB |
Main SSD with 1TB | SSD 4TB | PCIe SSD 256GB (configured as Scratch disk) |

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @Talalmnsr,

Thanks for your report and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. We are exceptionally busy following the release of V2 and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding here.

I can confirm as mentioned above, our development team are aware of the bug in Macros not allowing 'Add Image' currently and this should be resolved in a future update.

In regards to the Macros that were causing crashing, are you able to export one of these from your Macro Library, and upload a copy of the .afmacros file here for me?

I believe that due to the above issue, any Macros made in V1 that used the 'Add Image' step can cause V2 to crash, but I'd like to confirm this with a copy of your macro, as there may be other important steps that the macro is taking.

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for providing that for me!

I've been able to replicate this crash here, it appears to be caused due to the Set Text Stylesheet step in the macro - disabling this step before running the macro stops the app from crashing.

I'll be logging this as a separate issue with our developers for you now, I hope this helps :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!