You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Existing V1 users to V2 license

Habe erst im Juni 2022 Publisher, Photo und Designer mit Aktionsrabatt gekauft.

Jetzt soll ich mir wieder eine Vollversion kaufen? Wenn nun ein Jahr vergangen wäre, dann wäre es irgendwie OK.

Irgendwann muss ja mal ein Update kommen. Aber jetzt habe ich die Software 5 Monate und soll neu bezahlen!

Andere Kunden habe die Software 5 Jahre genutzt.....

Aber Kunden die erst in 2022 eingestiegen sind, sollten das Update günstiger oder sogar kostenlos bekommen. 

Grüße

17 minutes ago, Steffen-123 said:

Jetzt soll ich mir wieder eine Vollversion kaufen? Wenn nun ein Jahr vergangen wäre, dann wäre es irgendwie OK.

Irgendwann muss ja mal ein Update kommen. Aber jetzt habe ich die Software 5 Monate und soll neu bezahlen!

Aber Kunden die erst in 2022 eingestiegen sind, sollten das Update günstiger oder sogar kostenlos bekommen. 

Grüße

Aber beim nächsten Upgrade (vielleicht in fünf Jahren) werden Sie kein Neuling mehr sein ... Irgendwann muss man auch neu dazu sein, oder???

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.
Running Affinity Suite V2 on Windows 11 17" HP Envy i7 (8th Gen) & Windows 11 MS Surface Go 3 alongside MS365 (Insider Beta Channel).

2 hours ago, Ali said:

Aber beim nächsten Upgrade (vielleicht in fünf Jahren) werden Sie kein Neuling mehr sein ... Irgendwann muss man auch neu dazu sein, oder???

What he meant is, that he paid now but didn't get any software updates or service for his bought item. If he wants to get updates he has to pay again. Users that paid the same price as him got updates for the paid price. He didn't. It's not rocket science right?

1 minute ago, ctekk said:

What he meant is, that he paid now but didn't get any software updates or service for his bought item. If he wants to get updates he has to pay again. Users that paid the same price as him got updates for the paid price. He didn't. It's not rocket science right?

I understood perfectly. He bought Version 1, not Version 2. Version 1 has now come to the end of its development cycle. If he wants updates, then he'll need to buy the new version. My point was that there has to be a cut-off point: if you purchase software a long time after release, than you are gambling with that cut-off point. It's not rocket science: it's basic logic.

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.
Running Affinity Suite V2 on Windows 11 17" HP Envy i7 (8th Gen) & Windows 11 MS Surface Go 3 alongside MS365 (Insider Beta Channel).

5 minutes ago, Ali said:

I understood perfectly. He bought Version 1, not Version 2. Version 1 has now come to the end of its development cycle. If he wants updates, then he'll need to buy the new version. My point was that there has to be a cut-off point: if you purchase software a long time after release, than you are gambling with that cut-off point. It's not rocket science: it's basic logic.

Okay, where is this basic logic stated? There was no hint as far as I know? There was never a hint that there will be a V2 anyhow? It would be silly to buy V1 a couple weeks ago, right?

4 minutes ago, ctekk said:

Okay, where is this basic logic stated? There was no hint as far as I know? There was never a hint that there will be a V2 anyhow? It would be silly to buy V1 a couple weeks ago, right?

When would a software house (other than one that went bust) not have a Version 2? If there's a Version 1, then of course there will eventually be a Version 2. If there's only ever going to be one version, then no version number would be necessary. Version 2 has been talked about on the forums ever since Version 1 was released, and pretty soon people will start asking about Version 3. A modicum of common sense needs to be employed here.

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.

11 minutes ago, ctekk said:

What he meant is, that he paid now but didn't get any software updates or service for his bought item.

Well, the version he bought already had all the updates that those of us who bought it years ago had to wait for!

3 minutes ago, ctekk said:

There was no hint as far as I know? There was never a hint that there will be a V2 anyhow? I

Serif have always made it clear that there would be free updates for v1, but that when the new version was released it would have to be paid for!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

3 hours ago, Steffen-123 said:

Grüße

5 months is a long time to expect a free upgrade but assuming you bought it directly from Serif, contact affinityorders@serif.com via email and explain your situation to them.

Since you have purchased all 3 apps, they may be sympathetic to your particular situation and offer you a reduced universal license upgrade.

Sometimes contacting a business's customer services department directly in this way works - sometimes it does not

Just be nice in your email

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.