You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

increase 100pt standard

How do I change the 100pt standard for everything? The max stroke width is 100pt. The radius in fx goes up to only 100pt. Everythings 100pt. How do I increase it? I hate entering a number automatically because Im limited by 100px. I need more than 100pt. Im being limited. I want to go into the preferences and increase that 100pt to like 200pt or 300pt so that next time I change my slider the max pt is what i had set it to. I can just slide the slider from 0 to the number i put in withouth being limited to 100pt. Its so frustrating. 

Let users increase the pt to sliders in preferences. 

Ugh. And then when you enter a number in the slider above 100pt, and you come back to change that slider, the slider goes back to 0pt to 100pt. It ignores the number you had entered.

So if I enter 300pts. My slider should go from 0pts to 300pts. No. If you move your slider it goes back to 0pts to 100pts. Its so annoying. Just let me enter a max value for the slider pt and let the slider go from 0pt to that max value pt I entered. 

5 minutes ago, MoonaticDestiny said:

The max stroke width is 100pt.

No, it's not.

The slider in the Stroke panel has a limit of 100 pt, but you can enter larger numbers in the box.

(I think you understand that, from your second post, but it wasn't clear from your first post.)

Basically, if you want larger values you need to enter them manually.

If your suggestion were implemented I think it would make it harder to set exact values using the slider, as even tiny movements could have large effects. But as long as the behavior was optional I wouldn't object.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

The slider in the Stroke panel has a limit of 100 pt, but you can enter larger numbers in the box.

Right. I dont want to enter larger numbers because i want to increase that default 100pt limit. So how do I increase it? I dont want to enter them manually. I want to increase this slider 100pt max. 

6 minutes ago, MoonaticDestiny said:

So how do I increase it?

Today, you can't. None of the limits like that are under the user's control.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

31 minutes ago, MoonaticDestiny said:

I want to increase this slider 100pt max. 

You can try changing the default in the preferences to not use Points for lines. Then you can set the line width to 100 inches or centimetres or Metres, whatever your document's Units of Measurement is set to.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.