You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Placed Text Overflowing into Bottom Margin

Good day! Could anyone please tell me what has gone wrong here. My placed text is spilling into the bottom margin. I can Shift click the red Flow arrow to get it to flow into more pages, but I am concerned that something is amiss. I am loathe to continue working on this in case if throws up problems down the track. Help, please!

When I Insert Filler Text it operates as normal and stays inside text frames. I am bringing my own text in using Place, from Word. It makes no difference if it is an rtf or a Word document, (.docx) it spills into bottom margin. 

Thanks for any help.

image.png.9141ef4ff37b9307a59abc581412fecb.png

Overflow bottom margin.afpub

The thing is that if you hide any overflow, it is much easier to miss, say, an odd line at the end of a piece of text. 

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Click on the eye icon. (You have to have the text box selected for the tick box to work, it isn't a universal setting.)

ice_screenshot_20220926-095100.png.7ea108d713c652f01c33e6c9cfa749e8.png

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Note: You have your text frame on a Master Page, which is fine, but you are also putting the text in that frame on the Master Page, rather than putting the text in the frame on the ‘normal’ page. This isn’t usual for most text (unless you really want to have the same text everywhere you use the master page).

The red eye sorted it out, Thanks, Paul.

Thanks, Garry. The text on the Master Page was there by accident! I have to remind myself constantly to check if I am on a Master Page or a Document page! Agh! I find it helpful to close the Master Page panel once I get going. 

Much appreciated, everyone. A big thank you.

Cheers

5 hours ago, Dungarven said:

The text on the Master Page was there by accident! I have to remind myself constantly to check if I am on a Master Page or a Document page! Agh! I find it helpful to close the Master Page panel once I get going. 

If by the "Master Page" panel you mean the Pages Studio panel, note that even if it is hidden, at the bottom of the document window to the left of the status bar is a navigation bar with a page identifier & buttons to move among document & master pages, plus a button to toggle between Master & document pages. If you are currently on a Master page, the page identifier will show the name of the Master page, like "Master A" if you have not given it a name other than the defaults.

If you get in the habit of checking that when the Pages panel is hidden, it should help prevent this kind of error.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7