You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

MODERATORS

Just posting this to inform you about some annoying features of infinity designer which should be removed.

1) Art board Layer

working with art board is very difficult due to its art board layer . I think affinity layers working ways should be same as adobe illustrator. When we remove art board layers no shapes shows outside of art board area .

2) EPS File One of main source file which clients demands and also most of stock sites used this as source file , but affinity EPS is very different from other . ( No layer ) ( Text conversation into curves ) ( No grouping ) 

3) No Snapping While Cursor tool I feel no snapping while adding nodes to a shape. Difficult when putting nodes with perfect distance.  

4) Pen Tool No strokes showing when using pen tool , I storokes should be visible when working with pen tool.

5) empty Gap Issue While working or in exported files ,  we see a gap between perfectly snapped shape , this is one of big issue I think .

I will some more Annoying Features of designer very soon , so affinity should adjust these 

You have posted this in the "Questions" section of the forums but these are not questions, they are feedback which should be posted in the appropriate "Feedback" section. A moderator may move this thread for you.

Also, please follow the forum guidelines/rules for feedback as shown in the attached image:

One Suggestion Per Thread.png

• Staff

Hi @913 welcome to the forums,

13 hours ago, 913 said:

4) Pen Tool No strokes showing when using pen tool , I storokes should be visible when working with pen tool.

You can increase your stroke width when using the pen tool along the context toolbar or alternatively in the Stroke studio panel.

image.png

14 hours ago, 913 said:

5) empty Gap Issue While working or in exported files ,  we see a gap between perfectly snapped shape , this is one of big issue I think .

I believe this has been covered within the below threads.

15 hours ago, 913 said:

2) EPS File One of main source file which clients demands and also most of stock sites used this as source file , but affinity EPS is very different from other . ( No layer ) ( Text conversation into curves ) ( No grouping ) 

The plain EPS file format does not support layers or groups. What you download from stock sites are actually "Illustrator EPS" files. They contain proprietary Adobe Illustrator data on top of a plain EPS. Affinity and all other apps cannot read or write proprietary AI data.

When you export a selected artwork and choose 'selection only' the dimensions are always about 1px too big (normally width), even though in Designer under transform it says the dimensions of object are such and such the exported PNG, for instance, is not the same dimensions.

35 minutes ago, doodledude said:

When you export a selected artwork and choose 'selection only' the dimensions are always about 1px too big (normally width), even though in Designer under transform it says the dimensions of object are such and such the exported PNG, for instance, is not the same dimensions.

Check your Designer Preferences, User Interface section, and make sure that you have set the number of decimal places for Px displays to 3 or more (I sometimes suggest 6), then check the Transform panel again. With the document units set to Px you'll probably find that either the X/Y coordinates are not integer values, or the W (width) is not an integer pixel value. That will cause this situation.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

44 minutes ago, doodledude said:

This has already been discussed here: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/165582-export-as-selection-only-the-image-dimensions-are-always-wrong/

@doodledude Please don't post the same issue in multiple places. It makes things more confusing and duplicates peoples' time and effort.