You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Would love a 'all systems' Bundle...

I really love the complete suite, both the content and usability as well as the non-subscription-model. But since I am a multi-system-user it still is getting quite expensive. I normally switch freely between systems, do have a windows computer, a Mac Mini and my IPad Pro. And I like the fact, that I can work on all these, on the same files. But I really dislike the fact, that I have to buy a license for each of the systems. I already own the complete suite for Windows and all the Ipad stuff. Now I also have to pay to use the apps on my Mac Mini. Which boosts the price for Affinity Photo to 132 Euros for instance. 

So, I think it could be a great idea to offer a 'all system bundle' for users like me, which gives you a discount if you buy all the stuff.

Hello @Dirk Lenz and welcome to the forums.

Compared to other software houses, no competitor can match Serif's products in terms of price-performance ratio. And speaking of competitors, they don't have platform-independent distribution models either.

With Corel, you only get the full range of functions if you take out the expensive subscription. The purchase version costs several times as much as all three Serif programmes. And only with the Enterprise version of Corel Draw can you work on all platforms with one licence, because it then works domain-based.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

Even though it’s quite late this year, Easter is now only a little more than a month away. I’m not a Serif employee, so I don’t have any inside knowledge of these things, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s an Easter sale. Previous sales have typically offered discounts of 20% to 30% off the regular prices of the apps, with no requirement to buy a complete bundle in order to take advantage of the sale prices.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

3 hours ago, Dirk Lenz said:

I really love the complete suite, both the content and usability as well as the non-subscription-model. But since I am a multi-system-user it still is getting quite expensive. I normally switch freely between systems, do have a windows computer, a Mac Mini and my IPad Pro. And I like the fact, that I can work on all these, on the same files. But I really dislike the fact, that I have to buy a license for each of the systems. I already own the complete suite for Windows and all the Ipad stuff. Now I also have to pay to use the apps on my Mac Mini. Which boosts the price for Affinity Photo to 132 Euros for instance. 

So, I think it could be a great idea to offer a 'all system bundle' for users like me, which gives you a discount if you buy all the stuff.

I agree with you. For us living in Eastern Europe or other not-so economically developed countries, or for poor students all around the world barely staying afloat, over 100 euros for a product (if it’s purchased multiple times for different machines) is not cheap. Add to that how much  we spend for a lot of expensive Affinity Store add-ons and you end up spending quite a lot.

(Of course Affinity is cheaper than other software, everyone knows that. That’s their business model, that’s what works best for them — they’re very new in business and in my opinion it’s impossible for any new vector/raster software competitor to fight the industry standard with anything else but lower price.)

So I think your idea — the complete suite for iPad+Desktop+Mac as a one time payment at a discount aimed at people who would restrict themselves to only a working machine otherwise — is great, and beneficial to both parties. And who knows, maybe in the (very, very) distant future, we’ll have such option.

All the best!

StudioLink 256gb 11’ M1 iPad Pro

iPadOS 17 Public Beta 1

iPad Magic Keyboard

On 3/15/2022 at 3:47 PM, LondonSquirrel said:

that Serif has been is not 'very new in business'.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serif_Europe

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.