You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Selection offset - useless fixing tools

I cannot use the patching tools like Patch Tool, Clone Brush Tool, Inpainting Brush Tool.
Selection of the Patch Tool has moved. As if it is getting an offset parameter from somewhere. It doesn't stay where I want to use it. Here is a video of it:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ar9GB-v89284g6p37yENdcp-QtEXtw

I can't repair and expand the image because the tool jumps to a different place. If I can get a dropbox upload, I will post the project file.

image.thumb.png.1b127ce6216f664e1701cd4aa95300f1.png

First thing to check is the transform panel. If you don't see it then VIEW / STUDIO / TRANSFORM

It should be all zeros but I am betting there are values in there. Make it all zeros then try again and see if that was the issue

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

There is a known bug with pixel selections in documents that have a Bleed specified. Perhaps that's what you're experiencing?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

9 minutes ago, mykee said:

Yes, there is bleed specified (it's a book cover), but I haven't encountered this problem so far. I know that the bleed area is not editable by many tools, but this is now on the active part, not the bleed.

The workaround for this bug is to temporarily set the Bleed to 0 (zero) and then do 'the work', set Bleed back to what it was.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

7 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

The workaround for this bug is to temporarily set the Bleed to 0 (zero) and then do 'the work', set Bleed back to what it was.

This is the solution, thank you! I hope they will fix the bleed bugs in the next version of Publisher...