You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Urgent Everything comes in Black!! Unable to enter size!!! New Release....

What about the type entry problem only caused by the new versions of Photo and Design the old versions do not cause this. And I've never had this problem untill I downloaded them. I need a fix.

If this is not even going to be addressed then give back my money and I will return to Gimp at least I can type while it is open.

Mac MacBook Pro 15 in.  OS X 10.9.5, Mid 2012 456.77 GB Affinity Design and Photo.

• Staff

If this is not even going to be addressed then give back my money and I will return to Gimp at least I can type while it is open.

We just can't reproduce it. We will keep trying but if we can't reproduce then it's very hard to fix.

Does "in any app" mean you can't enter text even in TextEdit? I had a similar behaviour in a other app where a modal window was open but laying behind the visible window. The used app seems to have died but wasn't. Other apps worked fine.

Maybe this bug is related to a hidden dialog or something like this? Just guessing ...

Best, Tom

Does "in any app" mean you can't enter text even in TextEdit? I had a similar behaviour in a other app where a modal window was open but laying behind the visible window. The used app seems to have died but wasn't. Other apps worked fine.

Maybe this bug is related to a hidden dialog or something like this? Just guessing ...

Best, Tom

Happens with any app with any text input. Old version no problems. Maybe this bug is related to a hidden dialog or something like this? Just guessing ...No idea what this is like I said only happens with the new updates,they are causing it.!!

Mac MacBook Pro 15 in.  OS X 10.9.5, Mid 2012 456.77 GB Affinity Design and Photo.

My problem is different but still on the same subject.

From a few beta versions earlier and now on the release version, I get very dark collapsible triangles on the Layers panel, like this:

Screen_Shot_2015_12_13_at_22_08_51_copy.

Even with the lightest UI Gamma, I still can hardly see the triangles inside the circles.

Can this be fixed?

• Staff

My problem is different but still on the same subject.

From a few beta versions earlier and now on the release version, I get very dark collapsible triangles on the Layers panel, like this:

Screen_Shot_2015_12_13_at_22_08_51_copy.

Even with the lightest UI Gamma, I still can hardly see the triangles inside the circles.

Can this be fixed?

?!?! Wow, I've never seen this one before! What version of OS X are you using? Do you have any particular modifications to the default OS colours? Thanks! :)

• Staff

Happens with any app with any text input. Old version no problems. Maybe this bug is related to a hidden dialog or something like this? Just guessing ...No idea what this is like I said only happens with the new updates,they are causing it.!!

So if you try using the new Beta version of Affinity Designer, does that also show the same problem with text input?

Thanks!

Matt

So if you try using the new Beta version of Affinity Designer, does that also show the same problem with text input?

Thanks!

Matt

The file comes in fine. Not coming in black, and the text problem has gone from Designer, now what about Photo?

post-12456-0-31489300-1450104708_thumb.png

• Staff

AndyT has been looking into this - and so far we've come up with nothing... There's no reason at all why the arrows should be a dark colour - in fact, the drawing of them is unaltered from the 1.3 App Store version because they're just standard system controls that we haven't touched... We'll continue to try to get it to happen for us though. Can I ask if you get this behaviour if you make a new user account and run Affinity on that user's account?

Thanks,

Matt

• 4 weeks later...

Hello MattP

I'd like to come back to this issue with ProFoto.icc as a working colour space for AP.

As You suggested in the 10th, December, I removed the ProFoto.icc from the Resources folder and everything seemed to be OK and I understood that a permanent fix was probably in the pipeline for the future update. So, I mistakenly understood that I was now using the ProFoto as my working colour space, but obviously I was wrong. My entire color management workflow relies on that colour space (Lightroom, Photoshop when I was still using it, and my Espon 3800 print quality. I'd like to hear from You how this problem could be solved and when.

Regards

Jorma

Hi again MattP!

Let's hold our horses for a while. I just noticed that there is a new Beta version that should fix my problem. I'm just downloading it so let's wait and see. I'll come back should I have any problems or questions. Thank's in advance!

Jorma

Hello again MattP

Could not install the new beta because of a conflict with AppStore. So I do not know if my problem has been fixed or not. Anyway, I'll start a new question (topic) as this discussion contains already multible subjects.

I'll be back...

Jorma