You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

APhoto help. would the perspective filter do what I want

This photo of church (low res to upload as example) taken looking up to the church on a hill. The tower seems to be leaning back. I would like to sort of straighten it and tried the perspective filter but not sure if what I'm doing is the best way....or even if there is a way? Any tips please?

church.jpg

• Staff

Hi @jeffers,
Are you working with a RAW file? Even if not, you can still switch to Develop Persona and use the Lens Correction sliders (lens tab) to fix the photo's distortion. Adjust the sliders until you get the church's vertical lines vertically aligned. You can display a grid to help you align the verticals.

@jeffers  There is a nice video that shows exactly what @MEB has posted.  It might help you visualize the process.  

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Success! Thanks everyone....I knew there must be a way of improving the photo and @MEB yes I do have the original(s)  in RAW format so plenty of room for altering

Having had a play around with the Develop personna lens correction sliders the adjustments need to be very subtle but excellent results. As a plus if you alter the lens profile to another make there are some interesting effects produced. Again have a play around and see what happens.

Edited by jeffers
additional comment