You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there anything in this .ai file?

@MikeWOh and I realize you spending time even looking at that file, much less the work you did on it, IS a use of your time, so I really appreciate the generosity! And here I am asking you to do the same to another file or tell me how you did it. I am poor but don't want to freeload. I can afford to send you $10 via PayPal or crypto or whatever your choice is. 

20 minutes ago, Scotter said:

or tell me how you did it.

You have to open the file in AI, and resave it with the (default) Compatibility option set. And that's what you could request from the person who is supplying them.

(Note: Even that won't be perfect. The PDF file that the Compatibility option provides won't have everything in it. Some effects won't be there, and items located outside the artboards won't be included. But it's the best we can get with the Affinity applications, as the AI file format is proprietary and (I believe) not documented.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
31 minutes ago, Scotter said:

I am poor but don't want to freeload. I can afford to send you $10 via PayPal or crypto or whatever your choice is. 

Many thanks for your kind offer to @MikeW - and a big thanks to Mike for helping here :D

I just need to inform you that our forum rules do not allow for this sort of payment to be made, from our Guidelines -

The Website is for the personal use of Users only and may not be used in any commercial manner.
You may not distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation of funds, promotion, advertising, or solicitation for goods or services.

I understand this isn't explicitly solicitation of services and was simply meant as a good will gesture towards Mike, as well as I understand you are relatively new to the forums and I am certain you were not aware of such rules before offering so generously, I just wanted to make sure you were familiar with these rules.

Should you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask here - or alternatively create a new thread as required!

3 hours ago, Scotter said:

@MikeWTHANK YOU! Are you up for doing what you did to one more file or share the steps so I can do it?

splinter_ghost.ai 72.98 kB · 2 downloads

2 hours ago, Scotter said:

@MikeWOops I edited my reply with a request you may not have seen.

2 hours ago, Scotter said:

@MikeWOh and I realize you spending time even looking at that file, much less the work you did on it, IS a use of your time, so I really appreciate the generosity! And here I am asking you to do the same to another file or tell me how you did it. I am poor but don't want to freeload. I can afford to send you $10 via PayPal or crypto or whatever your choice is. 

Here are the two artboards as separate files...

I do appreciate the monetary offer. That was very kind of you. While I didn't know that even an offer from an OP was against rules, I would have chosen to not accept.

What I typically say on a forum when I have freely helped out--even when significant time and effort has been involved--is that if remuneration eases the soul, please consider making a small donation to your local food bank or shelter.

It's a pleasure to help.

best regards, Scotter.

splinter_ghost2-01.ai splinter_ghost2-02.ai