You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

cannot save file in 1.10.0 after working all night ?!

Hey @Gabe,

I have exactly the same problem. In my case, it only applies to this one file, which I have also had open for a few hours. The file is locked on an external server, however, there is no problem saving with any other files on the server. Both oversaving the file and "save as" do not work.
(In my case: windows 10)

On 8/6/2021 at 4:12 PM, Gabe said:

Hi @sandr,

Is this a general issue? Or something specific for that file? Where is t he file stored? Where do you try to save it? What windows version are you running? 

Hi Gabe I saw That many people on this forum  have the same issue, I cannot Reproduce it because the file wont save, its on a windows 10 machine  and it happens when I drag jpeg images to a picture frame with already a picture in it.. My machine is a laptop 16 gb RAM and Nvidia 1070 graphic card.

I have exactly the same problem. I am using Windows 10 on a Surface laptop and after several hours of editing a previously saved file, I attempted to save the work. The message reported that it is unable to save the file due to an internal error and advises to contact the Development Team! Neither Save nor Save as works, but I could export to .pdf (although this only served to remind of the time wasted getting there.) The problem exists whether saving to the onboard memory or to an external SSD. File Explorer shows the 'saved' file with 0 content and, not surprisingly, this opens with a message the the .afpub file type is not supported.

This is not just an irritating glitsch - it means that the programme is unusable, even though work must go on. We need an urgent fix, please.

Don't know if this is of any help - I was having the same problem with a job yesterday on my Mac - could not save file and even copy pasting the first page into a new document would not save, but I managed to track down a complex vector embedded object that I tried duplicating and sized up by 400%, rasterising then delete the embedded vector object (still have a backup) and reduce to original size in place - it then allowed me to save - so for me the culprit was a complex embedded object

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

• Staff

Sorry for the problem you are experiencing with 1.10.0

There is a new Affinity Publisher 1.10.1 beta for Windows that addresses this problem with picture frames, which you can use if you want to (as well/instead)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hey, I found a fix that worked for me (1.10.0, Win 10).  I had gotten the same internal error about saving while working on an afpub for a book cover.  The best it was letting me do was export to pdf.

Here's what didn't seem to help:

I tried rasterizing some linked svgs, but publisher still would not let me save. (Same internal error as OP)

I created a new file to see if I could just drag the one page I was working on into a new document (not possible)

Then I noticed a problem with scrolling through pages on the original document, I couldn't roll my mouse to scroll the main window, but I could scroll on the layers list.

Finally I decided to close some other documents I had open, one of which was a 120 page lined notebook with lots of repeated elements.  (I had this file open for a while with no problems)

After I closed that 120 page afpub, I went back to my book cover afpubSuddenly I'm allowed to save it!  

Edited by phy6