You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export layers to files using canvas size

I have an Affinity Photo file with a canvas size of 500x300 pixels and I have 180 layers with one logo in each one of them.

I need to export all of them to end up with 180 JPG 500x300 pixels files.

I tried export persona but I end with 180 logos in different sizes, the export is not using the canvas size to export.

How can I export all layers to files and use the canvas size?

Thanks.

I was solving a similar problem. To do this, each Logo layer must be nested in a rectangle the size of a canvas.

The Help for Export Persona specifically says 

When you export a Layers panel item as a slice, the slice will automatically size to what is considered to be the extent of the selected item. 

So I don't think there's any automagical way of exporting to the same size as your canvas. 

As alternatives to @telemax's solution, you could re-draw all the slices before export to fit the document size (nightmarish for 180 logos...). You could create a macro to resize the canvas and then run the output images through an Affinity Photo batch job. On macOS you could use the command-line tool sips to pad out the exported slices with white. I'm not very familiar with IrfanView on Windows but something similar might be possible...

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

Artboards in Affinity Designer also work as a rectangle.
In some cases, it may be more convenient to use artboards in Affinity Designer, since there is a better visual control. 
But the artboards will require renaming manually.

I manage to do this but i had to use ImageMagick and save as PNG.
In Affinity Photo i exported my document as PSD.
ImageMagick command:
convert -dispose Background Image.psd -layers coalesce Layer.png

Transparency kept.

saveaspng.jpg.3b7a57dc967aac9fc14fe318fb412ba2.jpg

This time saving as jpg.
convert -dispose Background Image.psd -layers coalesce Layer.jpg

saveasjpg.jpg.4bbf57d5f5dfcf3b3372152f6e54a472.jpg

Thank you everyone for the suggestions, but I am truly looking for this to just work as any image editor in the world does.

For anyone looking into this, the answer for this topic is: It is still not possible and you have to do it manually or find another solution.

Cheers.

• 9 months later...

Adding this to Crop To Selection as features I scratch my head as to why are so difficult in Affinity Photo. I have a few hundred layers of differently sized items that i need to export all to images with the canvas' dimension. Super easy in Photoshop. As far as I can tell, impossible to automate in Affinity Photo.

Has any easy way been found since the last post in this thread?

7 minutes ago, Armelline said:

As far as I can tell, impossible to automate in Affinity Photo.

Has any easy way been found since the last post in this thread?

To the best of my knowledge this is still impossible to do easily in any of the Affinity applications. 

Aside: This is one of the things that has to be in a new version before I will pay money for the new version.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Does Publisher offer a solution, e.g. could publisher create 800x600 pages from layers inside a afphoto document, or using the individually sized png exports? The image frame should do the trick, i would assume,

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2022 at 12:15 PM, NotMyFault said:

Does Publisher offer a solution, e.g. could publisher create 800x600 pages from layers inside a afphoto document, or using the individually sized png exports? The image frame should do the trick, i would assume,

No idea - I don't have Publisher.

• 1 year later...