You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No support for Lumix GH5 Mk2 RAW

Hi,

today I tried to compare some RAW shoots from a new Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Summilux 25-50mm F1.7 ASPH M43 lens
and couldn't do it as samples from DPRview article were made with Lumix GH5 Mk2 camera

Latest AP Win beta says "file type is not supported"

just an info - something for a ToDo list, not critical for me as I'll never have GH5 Mk2

Same on Mac, AP 1.9.3 and Beta 1.10.0.247.

No Mac app that I've tried (including Finder, GraphicConverter, Preview, Raw Photo Processor 64) will preview or open the one I downloaded, though ExifTool can read its metadata. The mk ii is a very recent camera and OS support does tend to lag a bit behind.

1 hour ago, krbo said:

I'll never have GH5 Mk2

Too video-oriented for me. When I win the lottery I'll buy a DC-S1. And the lenses to go with it.

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

Affinity currently uses libraw to handle raw files, the list of supported cameras is here:

https://www.libraw.org/supported-cameras 

but it doesn't include the GH5 Mk2

Also, it currently uses the lensfun data for lens corrections, available here:

https://github.com/lensfun/lensfun/tree/master/data/db

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So autumn comes and goes yet no support for GH5 Mk2 RAW files.  I love affinity but if the update doesn't come soon it will have to be back to adobe😒

I really don't want to do that so can anyone say when can the update be expected?

1 hour ago, Dr Astronomy said:

So autumn comes and goes yet no support for GH5 Mk2 RAW files.  I love affinity but if the update doesn't come soon it will have to be back to adobe😒

I really don't want to do that so can anyone say when can the update be expected?

It will be supported in 1.10.5. you can try 1.10.5 beta version already.(for Windows)
The reason it's not supported yet is not because of Serif, it's because of LibRaw - raw decoder Affinity is depending.
Currently GH5 is only supported in a snapshot(development) version.
https://www.libraw.org/supported-cameras-libraw-202110

You should know that.

Thanks Ashf.  The GH5 is in fact supported in libraw and not just the development version.  It is the GH5-Mk2 that is my main challenge at the moment.  

I will give the beta version a try and see what happens.

13 minutes ago, Dr Astronomy said:

Thanks Ashf.  The GH5 is in fact supported in libraw and not just the development version.  It is the GH5-Mk2 that is my main challenge at the moment.  

I will give the beta version a try and see what happens.

GH5 Mark II is supported in LibRaw 202110 which will be included in 1.10.5.

• 2 months later...