You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Recoloring maybe with LUTs?

Hey guys...

Hope you're all doing well!

I wanted to ask if anything similar to these software options would be on their way to Affinity anytime soon:

The above has been advertising that it's available for purchase for Affinity for a few years now (I know because I've followed it) but they actually haven't been, and they don't tell you until you've already made it to the purchase window on their website here https://anastasiy.com/magictints. It's an app where you can drag and drop one image into another and the software color matches the images completely in almost an instant. Every single one of their videos advertise that MagicTints works everywhere, even as standalone versions for Windows and Mac... IOS and Android.

Then I saw that Adobe has this here as part of their software already:

Which is basically the same thing as the product before it but and already built into the Adobe software. And it reminded me a lot of a previous discussion I saw on a forum here that asked whether we can get anything like this following tool added to Affinity anytime soon. It's essentially the same tool but seems to be more standalone:

I absolutely love the way these work. Towards the end of this last video it also shows how you can copy the color schemes of other images just like the first two.

With all of these videos hopefully better describing than I can in words the type of software/features/functionality I'm hoping for ... I wanted to revisit the question I saw a few years back on these forums and ask whether such a system would be coming anytime soon natively to Affinity?

Thank you so so so much!

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

This isn't exactly what I'm looking for. With what you sent me, you can currently only import from else where. I was looking more for the functionality where you can edit natively in Affinity and see the changes happen real-time in the image using points you can move on a graph. Especially like in the 2nd and 3rd videos.

When you open the Adjustments tab, there's the LUTs section. If you click one you see the impact immediately. The same is true for LUTs you've loaded via Load LUT… button and saved as a Preset. Isn't that what you're looking for?

image.thumb.png.4041848e20cff3aaac64bf7cbe9116f9.png

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

1 minute ago, RNKLN said:

When you open the Adjustments tab, there's the LUTs section. If you click one you see the impact immediately. The same is true for LUTs you've loaded via Load LUT… button and saved as a Preset. Isn't that what you're looking for?

image.thumb.png.4041848e20cff3aaac64bf7cbe9116f9.png

No, not exactly. I'm not looking to download LUTS from somewhere and then load them onto the image, or simply matching an image or copying its color scheme... I'm looking for a set of sliders that, as shown in the videos, I can grab and change/ make edits to specific colors and edit them in real time on their own. Exactly as shown in the videos. If you want, the 3d lut creator has a free demo on their website that you can look at to give you more of an idea of the type of functionality I'm wondering about.

Here, I made this really quick in the free demo of their program to help explain. Sorry if I wasn't explaining well enough earlier.

I think the closest thing in AP, to get similar results, is the HSL adjustment. You can pick colours in the image and adjust the HSL values for each one.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad