You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

There is a problem facing me now, which is when I log in to the program and work, it stops without any reason ....

There is a problem facing me now, which is when I log in to the program and work, it stops without any reason ....
When I open the program and work on it for a not long time it stops working and exits the program on its own and saves the last number of orders

Please help and solve the problem that I have been facing for a while

• 4 months later...
  • Staff

Hi @Asahii,

Welcome to the forum

Can you please provide me with more information such as the operating system that you are using, which Affinity app you are using and does the crash happen when you use a particular document or tool or is it random.

5 hours ago, DWright said:

أهلا تضمين التغريدةو

مرحبا بكم في منتدى

هل يمكنك أن تزودني بمزيد من المعلومات مثل نظام التشغيل الذي تستخدمه ، وما هو تطبيق Affinity الذي تستخدمه ، وهل يحدث التعطل عند استخدام مستند أو أداة معينة أم أنه عشوائي.

I'm using a laptop with i5 processor and 6 ram Windows 10... The problem is in recognizing the Arabic language. That is, when I write with the text tool, the language is not written correctly, as it is supposed to be written from right to left, but the program writes it from left to right as it appears in the image above...
Even with the use of programs to fix this problem and make writing from right to left, some characters remain the same

Affinity Massage.png

Affinity Massage.afphoto

25 minutes ago, Asahii said:

That is, when I write with the text tool, the language is not written correctly, as it is supposed to be written from right to left, but the program writes it from left to right as it appears in the image above...

Your post that started this topic was about the program stopping. Have you resolved that?

As for Arabic: the Affinity applications do not support RTL (right to left) languages, as you can see by doing a forum search for RTL.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

19 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

As for Arabic: the Affinity applications do not support RTL (right to left) languages, as you can see by doing a forum search for RTL.

The OP created a separate thread about this a week ago:

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

3 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Your post that started this topic was about the program stopping. Have you resolved that?

Yes, I fixed that problem and I haven't had any problems since then, thank you.
Yes, I think so. It seems that my thoughts and memories were a little wrong about that the program was recognizing languages that are written from right to left. But the thing that I am sure of is that before the last update, I used websites and applications that deal with this problem, as they flip the letters and make the program recognize them.

On 7/30/2021 at 5:05 PM, walt.farrell said:

Tried it before and tried again...
But the problem still exists, so what is the solution now?
Can I download versions of affinity photo Is there something like this?

37 minutes ago, Asahii said:

Can I download versions of affinity photo Is there something like this?

There is no support for RTL languages in the Affinity products, and there has never been any.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

1 hour ago, Asahii said:

thats okay then i want to download the old versions how could i do that? 

The old versions of the Affinity applications should behave the same as the current ones in this area of function.

But if you purchased your applications from Serif (not from Microsoft) then you can go to https://affinity.store/update/windows/publisher/1 or https://affinity.store/update/windows/designer/1 or https://affinity.store/update/windows/photo/1 to find the older releases. (This will not work if you purchased from the Microsoft Store.)

-- Walt
PC: