You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.9 freezes and crashes.

I find release 1.9 either crashes or freezes. I'm using the release 1.9 on  Windows 10 PC with latest is OS upgrade.

It continually goes to a white screen or just locks up and I have to restart my computer. I have tried focus merge with 10 raw files and the program just freezes. I then turned the raw files to jpg but after about 5 files the program locks up.when I finally got 10 jpg files after having to restart my computer the resulting focus merge image was black on the bottom quarter of the frame 

I reinstalled version 1.8.5 and everything works fine and focus merge using raw files works perfectly.

Hi Tony, I didn't have your exact issues, but I was having a lot of issues with Affinity Photo 1.9. I originally installed it as an update to 1.8.5 and after all the issues I uninstalled it with the intention of installing 1.8.5 again, like you did. Instead, I decided to reinstall 1.9 (as a fresh install this time and not an upgrade to 1.8.5). Now it it is working great, so far. I quickly tried most of the things that were crashing it for me and they are all working fine.

Now to find out why none of the 3 Affinity programs will even open at all on another laptop LOL.

17 hours ago, cooloox said:

Hi Tony, I didn't have your exact issues, but I was having a lot of issues with Affinity Photo 1.9. I originally installed it as an update to 1.8.5 and after all the issues I uninstalled it with the intention of installing 1.8.5 again, like you did. Instead, I decided to reinstall 1.9 (as a fresh install this time and not an upgrade to 1.8.5). Now it it is working great, so far. I quickly tried most of the things that were crashing it for me and they are all working fine.

Now to find out why none of the 3 Affinity programs will even open at all on another laptop LOL.

Thanks for this tip - Affinity Photo 1.9 was also crashing my computer every time I used it - I've just uninstalled 1.8.5 and reinstalled 1.9.0 as a fresh install and so far it hasn't crashed....

1 minute ago, Tony Stocks said:

How do you do a clean install of 1.9 when I ran the installer it installed as an update to 1 8.5.

I uninstalled 1.8.5 first and then I opened the 1.9.0 exe file that i'd downloaded yesterday - then at some point I had to put my product key in and email for it to be approved.

16 hours ago, Tamsin22 said:

I uninstalled 1.8.5 first and then I opened the 1.9.0 exe file that i'd downloaded yesterday - then at some point I had to put my product key in and email for it to be approved.

Mistake - I meant to say... "I uninstalled 1.9.0 first ..."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

@verenice

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

5 minutes ago, verenice said:

I cant find the download for Windows

The latest Photo Windows beta in found in a download link in the first few lines of the announcement post at the top of the Photo Beta forum here ,so right now the post is this one and the download link in the top line of the first post

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

@philb275

Sorry that you are having problems. I would suggest you look in Preferences > Performance and try with Hardware acceleration turned OFF (if it is on).

You got the attention of the Software Development lead Mark for your first post, so perhaps if you answered his question in that thread we could help you more specifically

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon