You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Installed fonts not showing up in font list

Hi there. 

In a document, while opening either the Art Text Tool or the Text Box, in the font list (one you open it and try to select another font), there are fonts that (even though they are recognised) are not showing up in the font list. Has anyone encountered this issue? Is there a fix?

Thank you.

What kinds of fonts are they? Do they have unusual names (e.g. beginning with a numeral or a lowercase letter)? What do you mean by “recognised”?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

What kinds of fonts are they? Do they have unusual names (e.g. beginning with a numeral or a lowercase letter)? What do you mean by “recognised”?

Hi there Alfred.

I made a screen recording. The example here: Bebas Neue / a font that was installed several versions ago into APhoto. It’s recognised, but missing from the font list. 

Please check the attachment 

Thanks for the screen recording. Very strange!

Was Bebas Neue installed directly into APh, or was it installed (via a configuration profile) for use in any app on your iPad? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it?

Alfred spacer.png

3 hours ago, Alfred said:

Thanks for the screen recording. Very strange!

Was Bebas Neue installed directly into APh, or was it installed (via a configuration profile) for use in any app on your iPad? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it?

Thank you for the reply. Sorry for my delay in answering. The font install was made via Aph. Like any other fonts that I use in the app. I have unistalled them and reinstalled them. Same issue...

• Staff

Hey Dan_Stefan,

Can you upload the font to this private Dropbox folder please:
https://www.dropbox.com/request/7TzlonBPbt1H0RxJJvhv

Only QA and Development have access to this and due to licensing, we prefer to delete the font as soon as the issue has been resolved.

• Staff

Hi Dan,

I've checked them on Windows and macOS and they both pick the font up, however iOS simply does not see it. I'm not entirely sure why that is. 

I will poke this a bit more but I might have to just log this as a bug with the developers.

• Staff

I've managed to get them showing through the Adobe Creative Cloud as the font was on their list of available fonts to download. It then shows up in Affinity but is unsuable as it shows red in the list.

So we know the font must work on iPadOS. I will keep poking this. 

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

Hi Dan,

I've checked them on Windows and macOS and they both pick the font up, however iOS simply does not see it. I'm not entirely sure why that is. 

I will poke this a bit more but I might have to just log this as a bug with the developers.

Thank you for you support Chris.

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

I've managed to get them showing through the Adobe Creative Cloud as the font was on their list of available fonts to download. It then shows up in Affinity but is unsuable as it shows red in the list.

So we know the font must work on iPadOS. I will keep poking this. 

Thank you Chris. I found it pretty odd as well. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Cliodhna said:

I’m having the same problem with Bebas Neue on the iPad.. would rather not have to pay for the Mac app to use one font! Does anyone have a fix?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Cliodhna. :)

I’m afraid I don’t know of a fix as such, but please see the following post for a workaround which may be acceptable to you:

Alfred spacer.png

• 11 months later...
36 minutes ago, Rozzm said:

I'm having the same issue with Asimov font - only the Xwide Italic is showing in the list, even though I've got regular, bold and Xwide (not italic) installed 😞

Update - it's the Asimov font by Google (there are others with the same name); however I discovered that it's a derivative of Roboto which is very similar, and that is installed okay. But there's still an issue with Asimov.

54 minutes ago, Rozzm said:

I'm having the same issue with Asimov font - only the Xwide Italic is showing in the list, even though I've got regular, bold and Xwide (not italic) installed 😞

A screenshot would probably help.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

7 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

A screenshot would probably help.

It looks in the list like 7 styles are installed, but then in the drop-down it's only XWidIt that's showing (plus a random Medium Italic at the end). Like I said, I should have Regular, Bold, xWide etc also.

Asimov-font.jpg

8 minutes ago, Rozzm said:

It looks in the list like 7 styles are installed, but then in the drop-down it's only XWidIt that's showing (plus a random Medium Italic at the end).

There are 19 styles in the Asimov Font family. Which 7 have you chosen to install?

https://www.fontspace.com/asimov-font-f22365

Alfred spacer.png

20 minutes ago, Rozzm said:

It looks in the list like 7 styles are installed, but then in the drop-down it's only XWidIt that's showing (plus a random Medium Italic at the end). Like I said, I should have Regular, Bold, xWide etc also.

Asimov-font.jpg

Thanks.

That may indicate that you installed the Variable fonts rather than the Static fonts.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

13 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

That may indicate that you installed the Variable fonts rather than the Static fonts.

I can’t find a variable version.

Alfred spacer.png

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...