You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Installed fonts not showing up in font list

1 hour ago, studiocreativo69 said:

Hi have the same problem with Athelas font , changing computer new affinity version don't see and recognize my font. WTF!!Hi have the same problem with Athelas font , changing computer new affinity version don't see and recognize my font. WTF!!

Athelas is not a font that Apple wants you to use, according to information in the following post: 

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
    Laptop 2: Windows 11 Pro 24H2,  16GB memory, Snapdragon(R) X Elite - X1E80100 - Qualcomm(R) Oryon(TM) 12 Core CPU 4.01 GHz, Qualcomm(R) Adreno(TM) X1-85 GPU
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.7, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.7

• 11 months later...

Hello. I have the same issue with the Google Font ‘Rethink Sans’. All the weights show up except for Regular and Regular Italic. FYI, I am using Affinity Designer & Photo for Mac OS. Any progress on this issue? Thanks.

5 hours ago, pauldub said:

Hello. I have the same issue with the Google Font ‘Rethink Sans’. All the weights show up except for Regular and Regular Italic. FYI, I am using Affinity Designer & Photo for Mac OS. Any progress on this issue? Thanks.

Which version of the font did you install? What release of Designer and Photo do you have, and what release of macOS?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
    Laptop 2: Windows 11 Pro 24H2,  16GB memory, Snapdragon(R) X Elite - X1E80100 - Qualcomm(R) Oryon(TM) 12 Core CPU 4.01 GHz, Qualcomm(R) Adreno(TM) X1-85 GPU
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.7, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.7

11 hours ago, pauldub said:

All the weights show up except for Regular and Regular Italic.

If it’s Italic, it isn’t Regular! I’ve just downloaded Rethink Sans from Google Fonts and installed it via ‘Settings’ in Designer 2 on iPad. All five Regular weights and all five Italic weights show up in the app.

Edit: Now also installed on Windows 10 Pro. All ten styles show up in AD2.

11 hours ago, pauldub said:

FYI, I am using Affinity Designer & Photo for Mac OS.

FYI, you’ve posted to a year-old thread in the ‘V1 Bugs found on iPads’ section of these forums.

Edited by Alfred

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.5.1 (iPad 7th gen)