You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Star Wars JAWA & Gonk Walkabout

I'm Ant

I've been doing toy photography a couple of months now,   this is my latest edited in Capture One, focus stacked in Helicon Focus  then composited in Affinity Photo. 

Jawa & EG-6 Power Droid made by Hot Toys, I bought aquarium rocks, gravel and some coconut sugar, lighting done with  3x Atomcube Rx1 no flash used.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156415473@N07/

https://www.instagram.com/lee.m.ashworth/

Canon M50

EF-M 32mm 1.4

F5

0.3 sec

Jawa_&_Gonk_Walkabout.jpg

Good work but the devils in the detail, you need to work on your masking/cutting out, it’s too “sharp”, also The lighting is odd, with the “sunlight coming from the right but there are gun shadows on the droid suggesting a light to the left and set back and behind which is also stronger than the sun?

What are you using as a backdrop before removing it to put in a sky?

Maybe add some depth of field too kinda makes the image punchy.

Love your Flickr image of Blackpool: 

Blackpool

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Thanks  the backdrop is wallpaper in the room the fill light  was probably too strong or needs a big diffuser it was a test image  to learn to work with my new gear ,  now working on desert and canyon scapes and  gas physics  in Blender to  composite with my action figure photography. The Blackpool photo I made it black and white than split toned it warm  colour for the highlights and  blueish for the shadows.