You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Weird / destroyed pictures after export, looking like barcode

On 7/18/2020 at 1:53 PM, fde101 said:

multiple users to be accessing a file at the same time

@fde101 maybe I wrongly expressed what I mean... We are not working on the same document at the same time. 

On 7/18/2020 at 1:53 PM, fde101 said:

AFS share rather than a CIFS (SMB)

I tried both with the same results...

I know that serif was not able to reproduce this. And it's most likely a special problem with my working environment so I'm just trying to find out what causes this problem.

On 7/18/2020 at 6:53 AM, fde101 said:

Native Affinity documents have been known to become corrupted while working on them if they are stored using one of the "sync" services such as Dropbox or iCloud

For the record, in our organisation I work exclusively on documents saved to a shared location via Dropbox. So far I have never encountered a file corruption issue, although I have Dropbox configured to always keep local copies, which are kept in sync with the cloud. Therefore, Affinity is always working from a local copy on the internal drive without being aware that Dropbox is saving changes to the cloud in the background.

Maybe this is not ideal or not recommended, but this is the reality of many modern organisations.

On 7/20/2020 at 6:40 AM, garrettm30 said:

Maybe this is not ideal or not recommended, but this is the reality of many modern organisations.

Lord but there are times that I truly hate reality.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.