You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

My brain seems to be blank today, and I'm struggling with the following concept:

I want to create a donut shaped loading bar, with a gradient. I need the 12 o clock position to be green, then as it progresses towards the 3 o clock position, it graduates into yellow, then into orange at the 6 o clock position, then into red at the 12 o clock position again.

I simply cannot workout how to get the gradient to bend into a circular shape????

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

High-End Photographic Prints

Yes, that's exactly what I need.

Do you have the affinity file you could post - I am seriously struggling on how to do stuff in Affinity Photo, as I have been using photoshop for 25 years :(

I have my green to red gradient created, but cannot work out how to get the gradient's nodes to bend in a circle??? Your example seems to spiral inwards, whereas mine stays in a straight line?

14 minutes ago, Richard S. said:

I have my green to red gradient created, but cannot work out how to get the gradient's nodes to bend in a circle??? Your example seems to spiral inwards, whereas mine stays in a straight line?

Do as GarryP said and use the Radial Gradient Fill and make the gradient centred on the donut.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

21 minutes ago, Richard S. said:

Yes, that's exactly what I need.

Do you have the affinity file you could post - I am seriously struggling on how to do stuff in Affinity Photo, as I have been using photoshop for 25 years :(

The gradient type in GarryP's image is Conical, not Radial.

Bruce, as I just said - I have already done that.

I created a donut, then changed the fill to radial. Set my 3 colours, but the gradient doesnt look as expected - the gradient is in a straight line.

Thanks anon - I thought I was going mad for a moment :)

I think the issue is the sequence you are using. See video below for the issue, this might even be a bug? Not a bug just a realignment problem.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

30 minutes ago, haakoo said:

@firstdefence If you go to fill/gradienttool and select the conical gradient in your first example can you see the gradient handles being off center?
On windows it also would not set from center first but the centerhandle of the conicalgradient is on the edge of the donut and I can drag it to the center of the donut.

I see it now, I would have thought it would have positioned it to the centre of the donut but it obviously doesn’t, at least it’s not a bug.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions