You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[556] Missing and Poor repro with PDF export "Digital Small"

Just struggling with exporting pdf for email/web use using the new "Digital - small" setting. Have tried setting DPI at both the default 72 as well as 192 (preferred) and several pics and graphics either do not show at all or are very poorly reproduced. 

Can export as "Flatten" or for "Print" without these issues. I can also export the same file successfully in 1.7.3 at the 192 DPI using PDF for web preset. Really need this to be reliable or find out if I'm doing anything incorrectly since this is a lot of our client work.

I've uploaded (to the usual dropbox link) the APub file with everything embedded plus some of the pdf exports. Attached are the settings screen capture.

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 12.44.56 PM.png

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

It looks like you are having the same issue a couple of us are also having (on both Mac and Windows). As yet we have not been successful in getting Serif to be able to reproduce the issue, although they are still trying. Please let us know if you can think of additional details that will help us find the problem.

1 hour ago, garrettm30 said:

@nwhit In my testing, the latest beta 584 appears to have resolved the issue I was having. I suggest trying it out yourself. As this is now a release candidate, I would hope to catch a major export bug before it goes to release.

Yes, I have been trying it for the last hour or so and so far, so good. Still have a pdf-x4 issue, but the Digital Small seems to be fixed! Keep my fingers crossed as I keep trying a variety of exports. But also encourages by your results!

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

Yes, so far everything is exporting fine with the Dig Small.

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.