You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi jamesholden :)

Unfortunately it's not possible for users to recover corrupt files, however I can forward the file to our developers where they can attempt to recover any data.

Could you please upload the file to the following link for me?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/ycOX7Y17Jq48fMEX3uNx

In regards to the file becoming corrupt, have you any idea what may have caused this? ie has the file been previously stored on the Cloud, or on an external device such as a USB drive? Have you opened the file in any beta version, or only in retail 1.7.3?

Thanks in advance!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

Thanks for confirming that James, please let me know once the file has been uploaded.

8 minutes ago, jamesholden said:

it was created in the beta version 1.7.0.14

We're currently in 1.8 beta, with 1.7.3 having been released since September of last year, making beta 1.7.0.14 considerably out of date!

Is there a reason you're still using this specific beta version?

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

21 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Thanks for confirming that James, please let me know once the file has been uploaded.

Done, many thanks. )

21 minutes ago, Dan C said:

We're currently in 1.8 beta, with 1.7.3 having been released since September of last year, making beta 1.7.0.14 considerably out of date!

Is there a reason you're still using this specific beta version?

(

For some reason I never received any notifications about the updates, so hadn't known about this. A bummer TBH.

• Staff

Thanks for your file - I'll forward this to our developers and reply here with any information in due course :)

19 minutes ago, jamesholden said:

For some reason I never received any notifications about the updates, so hadn't known about this. A bummer TBH.

Sorry to hear this! I'm unsure of the exact reasoning here but I recommend downloading both the latest 1.7.3 retail and 1.8 beta - although it won't change anything with this particular file, there have been many improvements and bug fixes since version 1.7.

• Staff

Thanks for waiting. Unfortunately, our developers have been unable to recover the file, sorry. You mention above that it was stored an a USB drive, do you know if the drive was unplugged unexpectedly? Did you create any backups of the USB drive at all?

37 minutes ago, Leigh said:

Thanks for waiting. Unfortunately, our developers have been unable to recover the file, sorry. You mention above that it was stored an a USB drive, do you know if the drive was unplugged unexpectedly? Did you create any backups of the USB drive at all?

:(

Must say though thanks Leigh for you and the team trying, it may have been and no backup of it.

• Staff
22 hours ago, jamesholden said:

may I ask then is it something about the versions used that makes it recoverable only in 1.8 beta?

I'm guessing it's to do with the special debug build our devs use to try and recover corrupted documents.

• Staff
3 hours ago, Leigh said:

I'm guessing it's to do with special debug build our devs use to try and recover corrupted documents.

It is.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB