Sign in to follow this  
PeterB.

Spare channel right click not working properly

hi,

I don't know if this has been reported: when using psd files with spare channels it is really hard to load these to pixel selection. You have to right click on a very special point over the channel name to get the dialog. Right clicking on thumbnail or name is not working. I made a short video where my clicks are marked with a blue circle.

can anyone else confirm this behavior?

MacOS 10.14.6 / Affinity Photo 1.7.3

ahhhh ok it works fine when I activate secondary mouse button in system preferences... but actually I really don't want to have that option turned on... :7_sweat_smile:

Hi PeterB,
Enabling the Secondary click in the System Preferences fixes the issue as you already discovered. I believe we already have this logged - i'm checking/confirming if that's the case and will fill a bug report if not. Unfortunately I'm not aware of any other way to make it work reliably without enabling the secondary click in System Preferences (or clicking the exact spot(s) where it works: there's actually another one almost near the trash icon on the right).
Thanks for your feedback/report.

The control+click convention may not map well to the Affinity products because of how heavily the modifier keys are overloaded.  This might not be a bug, but simply a limitation of working with the product.