Jump to content

Frank Jonen

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Frank Jonen

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Recent Profile Visitors

1,041 profile views
  1. Element used for testing: Circle with Gaussian Blur fx. Edit: This was for Designer, please move if needed (same in Photo though).
  2. Nice idea with the minimised top menu. However the execution is a bit buggy. Then you have the waste of space that you refuse to care about at all: The Optical Alignment panel that for some unfathomable reason has a fixed height, like you never thought people would actually use it.
  3. I'm bringing it up again since this has never worked properly. Slice tool only sees "current vector layer boundary" and "canvas" boundaries. Which makes it pretty much useless since the only way to do it is to screenshot the positions in regular mode and make a stickie from it to type them into the transform panel in export mode.
  4. Also this is forced upon me. I don't care for wasting cycles. Don't force options on the users that they do not want. I want Nearest Neighbour filtering, not bilinear!It constantly keeps resetting itself. Very frustrating.
  5. Just created one for you. Also Metal on or off doesn't make a difference. All rendering options are messed up. Can't we just get version 1.6 with a compatibility mode for 1.7 files until you've sorted this out so the apps are usable again? Affinity Compatibility Errors.afphoto
  6. BTW… the workaround for not being able to sharpen layers anymore is: Sharpen your layer Get selection from layer (in new layer) Fill selection with white (in new layer below) Fill entire layer with Black merge the two layers Sharpen with the same parameters as before Rasterise to Mask Assign mask to layer you wanted to sharpen previously Nine steps for something that takes 1 click everywhere else. Now that's what I call progress.
  7. Yeah, I opened older files. Pretty much everything I've ever done in Affinity is now for the birds. Don't even ask about client work. I've lost every client I've ever shipped Affinity files to.
  8. Addition: The destructive sharpening filters also don't work anymore on single coloured layers with alpha (it used to be possible to sharpen the alpha).
  9. Nested Live Filters render incorrectly. Try it out. They seem to ignore the premultiplied alpha and render against a black background, then multiply the alpha.The destructive versions of the same filters don't do that. Past documents still look a garish mess.
  10. Any news when it might be safe to use Affinity products again? Or a standalone app to convert the Affinity files to layered raster/vector files that look like they're supposed to look?
  11. Interesting. I never had El Capitan. I went from Yosemite straight to High Sierra and from that to Mojave. It didn't occur on Hight Sierra, but only hours late on Mojave.
  12. If it's not a Mojave issue then why does it only happen on Mojave? The client who got a new laptop this week (with Mojave) used the exact same version (1.7.2) as I was using when I created the documents for them. I saw the same thing then myself. Worked on the document, shipped it off. Launched the Mojave upgrade, opened it the next day. File was unusable. Same for all my other files. Someone else is now rebuilding the set in Photoshop based on my approval JPEGs. You can imagine how thrilled they were about it.
  13. Yes, that's the issue. You can try making the document more complex and look when it is deleting upwards as well. Doesn't happen with all documents (the upwards deletion, that is). I'm not modifying all of my existing documents because of a Mojave incompatibility though. I'm already getting shit from people I've shipped Affinity Documents out to. Two won't accept Affinity files anymore as a result. A common line was "I can open old Photoshop files and they work fine, your experiment clearly isn't working." Not a good week.
  14. Look at Rango it says Documento completo. What you want is to select each artboard separately and print that one at a time. To expedite the process, export to PDF and Print from Preview.app. There you can just print all pages. When you select the whole document it tries to fit all artboards into one view, which makes zero sense but that's the way it works.
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.