Shih

Crash: New layer with mask

It seems to me that my Photo App keeps crashing too, when I tried to output my selection. 

The crash I am having, is that the App just quit automatically and my iPad returns to the home screen. Can't have any screenshot to demonstrate it. 

you can use the iPads screen recording function to create a video demonstrating the crash. Doing this will allow me to look into your issue further.

5 minutes ago, Callum said:

you can use the iPads screen recording function to create a video

How to record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

The funny thing is, I worked with one file and I succeeded in output it just once. Then the second time I tried to output it with the same way and same file,  it crashed. Then I haven't been able to output my selection anymore. 

The only thing different between those trials succeed and failure, it's the selection I made are different. But I don't believe it's the cause of crash.  

Hey Shih,

We could really do with the file so we can attempt to reproduce it but also could you also follow these instructions:
Can you please go to Settings > Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data and look for the Photo iPad crash. Then click Share to save to an .ips file. You can then save it to a cloud service and attach it here.

I am sorry I don't know where the path is : 

Settings > Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data 

Is it In my iPad?

18 minutes ago, Chris B said:

You should get an option of 'Save to Files' on the share screen. You can then move it to a cloud service and attach it here :) Thank you! 

Would you mind showing me the whole process with a video? In your last video, I didn't see "Save to Files". 

I guess you are saying I need to find out which analytics data relates to the Photo Crash, right? But can I tell from the their name? or I need to click on and see the code to figure out?

27 minutes ago, Shih said:

You mean that red circled  is the "save to files"?

The icon circled in red is the ‘Share’ icon. Tap on the ‘Google Drive’ icon to share the file (i.e. save a copy) to Google Drive, or scroll to the right to choose a different destination.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

You could either save it to Files and then figure out what to do with it. The button you've circled should give you the option to save it to Files.

If you're using your iPad to talk to me on the forum, you can save it to Files and then visit the forum and attach the file from FIles. If you are using a Mac or PC to talk, then you need to get the file over to that machine in order to attach it. You are in the right place though.

Any solution would be in the form of a bug fix included in an update. We usually do bigger updates that include multiple fixes. So no news yet—sorry.

Out of curiosity, have you restarted the iPad since hitting this issue?