You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mask group and adjustment layer issue

mercro

Hello,

I have many projects made with older than current 1.7.2 version, and now when I open them I'm facing a problem related with mask in groups and my files are all messed up. The issue is that when you group layer adjustments and then apply a mask on the group, the mask is applied to everything underneath and not only to group contents.

I attached an example file, the mask applied to the group should be applied to Curves adjustment and Recolour adjustment, instead it's applied to the layer underneath.

I made a mockup image of the actual result vs what should be.

Thanks

example.afphoto

Result.png

What should be.png

It's a known bug in 1.7.2 but we are expecting a fix very soon now

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• Staff
21 minutes ago, mercro said:

I bought from App Store, is there any way to downgrade or get a key to download a downgrade?

Not if you purchased it through the App Store I'm afraid, or you have a Time Machine backup. I don't think it will be too long until the macOS beta is available with the fix. I'm very sorry. 

Seem ridiculous that I have to buy the software again to be able to get rid of a work impeding bug. If this is a software aimed to professionals it should be reliable, no professional can spend a month without being able to use their paid software. If you cannot give alternatives that do not stop production then aim it to amateur consumers. It's not some obscure effect filter function that we are talking, it's the most basic stuff: masks.

I have to say I'm surprised this is taking so long to fix, and was missed in testing in the first place. Fortunately I managed to downgrade, being on the PC version but it would have been a real pain if I couldn't.

I would have thought prior to releasing a public non-beta update you would open up a series of files with a variety of adjustments, export them and confirm the final image conformed to that produced by the previous version of the program (unless there was a specific fix involved)

• Staff

Hi mercro, tims,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
We do test the program(s) as much as we can before make them widely available, however the release and integration with Publisher for 1.7x cycle required more changes to all programs than usual which end up creating additional issues that were not flagged during testing. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you. We are doing our best to fix them as soon as possible.