saikat

Affinity Design Crashing when Slice panel is selected

Affinity Design Crashing when the Slice panel is clicked on in export persona.
It's not happening in all files - but happening with some files.

I have attached one dummy file to which is crashing on my system.

Steps to reproduce the bug: Open the attached file. Go to export persona. Click on the slice tab - and it crashes!

I am running affinity designer on Windows 10 64Bit, Intel i76700 16 GB ram and 6 GB Nvidia Graphics GTX970M card.

Business card bug report AD 2019-09-07.afdesign

Hi saikat,

This is a known issue that is caused by having a document that contains artboards. This has been fixed by development and will be made available in the next release.

On 9/9/2019 at 11:05 AM, Sean P said:

Hi saikat,

This is a known issue that is caused by having a document that contains artboards. This has been fixed by development and will be made available in the next release.

how can we avoid it? Some documents work just fine, despite having tons of artboards, and some just dont.

22 minutes ago, ="Leo" said:

how can we avoid it? Some documents work just fine, despite having tons of artboards, and some just dont.

I believe you can only avoid it by using the beta, or waiting for the official stable release.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

On 9/29/2019 at 3:38 PM, walt.farrell said:

I believe you can only avoid it by using the beta, or waiting for the official stable release.

Thank you, did that, v1.7.3 is the fix. Finally....