You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello, 

I have tried unsuccessfully to create text on the path for curves.  I create the elipse but once the artistic text is selected and one drags the cursor onto the eclipse, or the curve, the cursor does not change as you hover on the area you want to type in the text on the path.  I am loosing my mind and it seems Affinity has not got as support person to call to help?  Any suggestions please?

Midodzi.

• Staff

Hi Midodzi,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Check the clip belowfor the basics. It was done in Designer but works the same way for Affinity Publisher (Affinity Photo doesn't support text-on-path). When you mouse over the path with the Artistic Text Tool the cursor should change to a "T" with a small wave below. Click and start typing at that point to enter the text.

text_path.gif

@Midodzi

Which Affinity program are you using?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.