You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Rounded Corners not true to "Radius" value?

I need help with this serious issue please: I'm making a 4"w x 2"H rounded corner label with a 1/8" radius (.125") for the corners. My document size is bonafide 4" by 2" artboard, and inches as the type, so everything should be 100% to scale. I have Absolute Sizes and Single Radius both checked. I type in my 1/8" corner value (.125 in.). However, when exported and sent to printer even though typed in ".125 for my corner radius (because that's what the label template calls for) the corners NEVER line up to the .125 radius of the actual label. This makes no sense to me, what is going on here? Thanks

Hi affinity4Christ15,

Are you able to upload your AD file so we can take a look? As Oval has asked can you elaborate on your process, e.g. are you exporting to a particular file format, i.e. pdf and sending the file to be litho or digitally printed or are you printing these yourself using your own printer? If the latter can you post a screengrab of your print dialogue window as well?

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2402)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

• Staff

Hi affinity4Christ15,

As the others have mentioned can you please attach the file you are trying to print, along with your printer settings, and a photo of your physical print out. Are you trying to print to a set of labels, if so what labels are you using?

Also have you applied the Corner Tool to the Artboard itself or an object inside the artboard?

• Staff

There is a known issue that 'Last Used Settings' isn't recalling the right values when you go back into the dialog. Could you try retyping 100% in the scale field and press Tab to accept and see if that corrects the preview to be the right size?