Good morning, I have the problem, that the documents, exporting to PDF ar much darker than in the Affinity Programs. What am I doing wrong?

I'd be happy if you could help me.

Renate

Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-09 um 09.28.19.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-09 um 09.28.31.png

What are your document settings and what are the PDF export settings - including the More... options if you have customised them?

How have you gotten the background layer set up, have you used the layer opacity level, used a blend mode or something else?

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo & Publisher - Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - FeedbackInstagram & Flickr

I assume an issue of Afpub with mixed color spaces and/or white as mask.

As an easy workaround you can set the masking rectangle to NO fill color AND and instead reduce the image opacity from 20 to 5 %. – Then to me it looks like this:

215937286_Bildschirmfoto2019-08-09um15_34_53.jpg.5d9af1eff8901311df504fea852eac66.jpg

macOS 10.12.6,  Macbook Pro 15" + Eizo 24"

I didn't make a white mask. The image is directly on the background.

Or did I misunderstand you? I haven't been working with this program that long. :221_see_no_evil:

21 hours ago, renate75 said:

I didn't make a white mask. The image is directly on the background. 

Or did I misunderstand you?

Sorry for my recent post with a wrong advice (I simply had set the cropping mask to invisble).

You can follow your workflow in the "Layers Panel": see the masking rectangle below and 'inside' your image layer.
You probably had pasted/placed the image directly on the page background – and then used the "Vector Crop Tool" to mask it at its upper/lower edge a little.

It appears that the Vector Crop Tool item + Layer Opacity do display a different result than it will become exported.
I posted a bug report: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/95173-vector-crop-tool-ui-opacity-bug/

As a workaround you can use the "Picture Frame tool" (instead Vector Crop Tool).

To fix your file do:
1. delete all image + mask objects except 1.
2. in the Layers Panel: delete the masking layer (below the image layer).
3. on the page: right click on the image and choose "Convert To Picture Frame".
4. redo the cropping with the top/buttom handles at the "Picture Frame" object.
5. adjust the opacity as wanted, at either of the 2 layers.
6. copy/paste to fill your layout and export as before.

macOS 10.12.6,  Macbook Pro 15" + Eizo 24"