VectorCat

*Possible* bug in Designer/iOS

Select Print while in a document. If no printer is set up or detected, pressing “Cancel” has no effect, and after several moments, Designer quits.

i say ‘possible bug’ because maybe Designer is trying to find a printer that isn’t there, then finally bails?

2012 Mac Book Pro 12”, 8GB RAM, Mojave  |  2017 iPad Pro 12.9” 256GB, iOS 12.4

Is there a crash report in the Settings app under ‘Privacy  > Analytics > Analytics Data’? Look for a filename of the form 'Designer iPad-YYYY-MM-DD-hhmmss.ips’, where ‘YYYY-MM-DD’ is a datestamp and ‘hhmmss’ is a timestamp; if you find a relevant file, use the ‘Share ’ button to save it to somewhere such as cloud storage so that you can attach it to a new post in this thread.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)

Alright...I found the item easily. Is it safe and acceptable to simply post it here?

I don’t use any cloud storage.

1 hour ago, VectorCat said:

Is it safe and acceptable to simply post it here?

Rather than pasting the text directly into a post (which would force users to do a lot of scrolling to read any further posts to the thread) create a new document in the Notes app and paste the analytics data into it. Then use the ‘Save to Files’ option to share the file to somewhere ‘On My iPad’ and attach it here.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)

This works as expected in the current beta. No printer located, no option to print, only cancel.

1F0C556F-3E28-49C4-97D1-98C354F72047.png

8BE07B86-5F86-427F-B99C-21EA2EA9D59C.png

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB iOS 12.4. Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 Affinity Design 1.7.2.6 Publisher for iPad ?

I just tried again, and am able to cancel straight away. I don’t get the sense that Designer is struggling to find a printer that I haven’t set up for it. Seems the air is filled with all kinds of wifi-capable devices in our neighborhood, so I can see how a device, asked to print, might have its hands full trying to sort it all out...

I hope this confirms a change, and thank you for reading.