EddCh

Macro no longer working in Photo 1.7.1

I don't know if it's just me overlooking something simple or whether it is a more general issue… but one of my (very basic) macros that I have been using since the macro feature was incorporated will no longer work in v1.7.1

The macro is simply to set 2cm margins on all edges of a document, that's it – yet, I cannot get this to work any more. I have tried resetting the macro, deleting then creating a new one and still nothing.

Any suggestions?

Under which OS? Also just showing up visual margins via "Document > Margins ..." or by altering the documents dimension and thus altering sizes?

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.1 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.1 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Could you describe the steps that you are recording to accomplish this?.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

55 minutes ago, EddCh said:

Any suggestions?

Upload the macro to the forum

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

I’m away from the computer at the moment, so cannot upload screenshots, but I am running High Sierra on a Mac Pro. 

There is only 1 step in the macro – the Margins function, then entering “2cm” into Top, Left, Right, Bottom fields and then pressing return.

No document/canvas size changes, no resolution changes, literally nothing other than the 1 step described in the preceding paragraph. 

Works for me on El Capitan ...

... simple macro (Studio > Macro) so no macro library file.

In your case resetting APh itself then might help with chance. Sounds like it freezed the macro execution/processing etc.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.1 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.1 ◆ OSX El Capitan

2 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

Works for me on El Capitan ...

... simple macro (Studio > Macro) so no macro library file.

There is but, as I’ve said in my previous reply, I’m currently away from the computer and cannot upload anything from it. Will do so when I am back.

@EddCh, I have tried your macro and it has no discernible effect. I do have View > Show Margins ticked.

@v_kyr, I have tried your macro and the result is a blue line within the image (which remains the same size).

I get exactly the same if I use the Document > Margin command myself.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

20 hours ago, EddCh said:

I have tried resetting the macro, deleting then creating a new one and still nothing.

The macro you supplied does not work for me but I can create a new one that does

Can you try the one attached and see if that works on your system

2cm margins.afmacro

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

42 minutes ago, carl123 said:

The macro you supplied does not work for me but I can create a new one that does

2cm margins.afmacro

Cool – thank you. Will try it. 

58 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

@EddCh, I have tried your macro and it has no discernible effect. I do have View > Show Margins ticked.

@v_kyr, I have tried your macro and the result is a blue line within the image (which remains the same size).

I get exactly the same if I use the Document > Margin command myself.

John

Thanks for testing. The oddity is that the very same macro still works fine on one of my laptops which hasn’t had Photo updated to 1.7.1

Yes, that is the problem and it is the same as using the Margin command—I just don’t want have to keep applying the command and typing in the figures every time on 1000s of images—and the result should be a blue keyline 2cm away from all edges with no change in document dimensions.

7 hours ago, carl123 said:

2cm margins.afmacro

OK, so I've just had the chance to test this macro and it worked – but the margins were at 0.48cm instead of 2cm.