ianrb

Lr5 > Affinity Photo > image locked >Win10

When opening a DNG as a Tiff from lr5 to Ap the image cannot be moved when the 'hand' is clicked or  via spacebar +drag  
The only fix is close > reopen from Lr as an original tiff 
been happening for a while --- maybe after downloading the latest version (??)

Problem does not happen every time  --- Other actions/tools seem to be effect as well but nothing I can say 'all the time' 

On a totally  different subject regarding space bar on the new external Dell keyboard  --- when I hit the spacebar I get a page down action (??) 
Could be how the dell keyboard is set or I have done something myself (??) 
Any directions or thoughts would be appreciated 

Thanks for reading
Cheers all 

Hi ianrb,

We don't have access to Lr5 here in Support and only have access to the CC version, which doesn't allow me to set an external editor.  So i don't think we will be of much help here.  However, from memory Lr5 does allow you to change the format the image is sent to the external editor as, have you tried the different options it offers in Preferences?

Is that in the Affinity apps that spacebar is moving the page down?   It's common for the spacebar to used by internet browsers and some apps as a page down.  Happens to me in my browser but in the Affinity apps.  

Thanks for the reply stokerg.  So obviously it is not a problem for everyone or anyone  --- just my luck :)
I will try to find some sort of pattern, rhyme, or reason get let you know ---- drove me crazy yesterday and I still cannot work out if it's Lr5 or Ap or both but it's only a recent drama --- using psd made no difference 

Another one>>  with "notify me of replies" ticked, I still never received notification emails  

Cheers

After a few very frustrating days of opening/editing/closing/remaking macros/trying this with that and the other way/turning computer off-on off-one/typing out so of what I did; I have come up with one conclusion ; this problem is all Affinity photo

Even photos being edited  suddenly froze --- that is they could not be moved with the hand tool 
Photos exported from Lr to the edit folder >opened with Ap> edited >save>close> opened again froze 

Why redo macros ? Because my "start" macro put layers and adjustment layers in the wrong order when the photo had frozen --- when frozen it is still possible to do same editing like add macros . Sorry; screen prints have disappeared in the chaos 

ATM ; it's not worth the time just trying to use it.

Unless there are other options; the only fix I can think off is remove Ap from my computer, download, and start again :( . Sounding a lot like On1 days!! :61_sob:
I would assume I need to save/export macros and the likes --- any links on how to do that would be appreciated 
Cheers

The Acer laptop was reformatted ; however the "and restore" part was lost between the front desk and work desk --- Yep; one of those BIG O'**** moments
Gone back the old the older ASUS to sort everything out and then will decide which I keep using . The Acer was only purchased to run On1 that I don't use now I have Affinity --- On1 was an expensive exercise -- very expensive really 
Lightroom is; was the biggest worry but that is going better than expected considering the catalog back up were on the acer hard drive ---- all photos are on external hard drives :) 

All affinity's fault  of course --- you should have personally introduce me to the program before On1 popped up :1_grinning:
All fun and games :)

this is driving me nuts -- or nuttier 9_9 . Not really; but it's rather annoying -- does not happen every time a photo is opened ; doesn't seem to matter what sort of file [including new docs]  . There are no rules to which file is going to freeze or when it will freeze although when opening is the most common

General fix; that doesn't work every time, is turn Ap off > reload photo from Lr or open with Ap 

Cheers 

This is still a problem  without any rules or patterns to why it happens . Best fix is still turn off Ap before opening a new file; but even that does not work every time . I'm in no rush but a lot of time can be lost . Had not try this , so I just spent some time opening new Panasonic raw files with Ap >Develop > edit > photo . 1st one worked with no dramas; however the 2nd file froze when in photo . I really think that removes any connection to Lr5 .
An hour or so later and with more new files  but not in Lr5 ---  there does seem to be more problems when opening with Win10 than when opening with Ap 

What else can I tell or show you ? It's getting very frustrating 
BTW; I have remove Ap with revo uninstall, and download/reinstalled ---- added the last update after that 
:( Well that's that my morning gone 9_9

Cheers

Fixed :) with Au$1000 :( . Haven't had the problem since the new PC arrived 9_9
I'm totally over laptops for photo editing; even when using an external monitor, keyboard , and mouse (haven't been able to get the pen/tablet to work though . At the moment I have at least three rather powerful yet worn out laptops in the house.
Will get large tablet for when away from home 
As for Ap; never regretted the "investment"

Couple of recent images --- just to show off the little I know .

PA050014-2.jpg.fb57413aca7c250b61e7c4ffdffcdfa3.jpg

2137979271_Ranfurly191123.jpg.820fcd946580d90da945506e47f0f89a.jpg

Cheers