You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Print files not reliable

Affinity Publisher is looking promising. But honestly, as experienced designer working with PageMaker, Xpress and later Indesign, I must say, Publisher is just not there yet. Yes, there are functions missing, like edge blurring. But even if working with just what is there, the Results that would have to be sent for printing, are just not reliable yet. Too many things do not come out right in unexpected places. Here is one typical example:

On that layout, a hair image (PNG) is placed on the page. As last elements it just happens so to sit over all other elements. The room around the hair is transparent. Now where that transparent parts lay over text, the (vector) text gets pixelated.

Things like that can cost one a job. I was lucky to see it before I sent it out. Now as to not risk anything, because it seems one never knows what other surprises come out of Publisher, I have to go back to work with Indesign. And I hate it. But at least I know it works.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-08 um 20.33.02.png