You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Editing an logo (adobe illustrator)

Hi all, im a new for affinity photo program. Im in a pinch right now. I was given task to make different size logo for printing purpose, so i got this logo from.my boss asking me to his request.but the problem rise when i turn the logo into high fidelity/vector ,at some part of the logo font there is a bit off from the vector effect. Now after transfer to affinity i dont know how to edit the build up ( i dont know the word in english) i will insert media frommy biss for you guys to see. Help me please to make it smooth

IMG-20190626-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20190626-WA0019.jpg

• Staff

Hi shaqmunak,

Welcome to the forums :)

Could you please provide the .afdesign file here? Also as PixelPest has asked, how was this document created? Your screenshot shows this to be an .ai file, has it been exported from Illustrator and then imported into Affinity Designer? 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hi, shaqmunak,

What I think you need to do.

Go to the layers panel, and find the curves that are pale blue. Delete those. Select the dark blue object(s). Switch to the node tool, and start deleting the ones that make bumps. Adjust the remaining nodes so you have a smooth curve. 

It will help if you can get the original image before vectorization into the Designer file as a bitmap. Perhaps you might just do a screen grab of the original. Bring that in as an image pixel layer and place it under the vectors. That way you should be able to adjust the node positions and tensions to get a better fit to the original.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

4 hours ago, gdenby said:

Delete those. Select the dark blue object(s). Switch to the node tool, and start deleting the ones that make bumps. Adjust the remaining nodes so you have a smooth curve. 

Usually I would keep the original at the bottom, since when deleting nodes, curves can go in the wrong way… :S 

Another tip: if you need to redraw some text or logo, zoom a lot a make different screenshots you'll import in AD, superimpose them until you've got the full design at high resolution, and redraw a big text/logo. It'll be easier and more accurate, and you'll be able to resize it later.