You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export sections as separate PDFs

I've been checking out some of the new tutorials now Publisher is out of beta, and I've been struck with a way that I could dramatically improve my current InDesign workflow using sections and master pages. Is it possible to export all the sections in a document as separate PDFs with one action, in much the same way you might export all the slices in Designer?

Oh lord. I too would love this feature. To the best of my knowledge we can only set Pages 1-8, 23, 25, 32-44 etc. in the export. Not predefined sections.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, leminilab said:

I too would love to be able to export a chosen section of my document! 🤗
Is it possible now?🧐

No, Publisher will only export a single PDF containing all the pages you specify. You could, though, specify a selection of pages in the Export dialog, then Open the resulting PDF file in Designer (giving 1 Artboard per page) and finally use the Export Persona to create multiple PDF files.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I work on articles for a local magazine and they want all their PDF's as separate files instead of one file with all the PDF's in it. There needs to be another option when exporting multiple PDF's as individual files instead of one. It is very cumbersome exporting 30 plus PDF's one by one.

A simple check box would work (Export as Individual Files ON/OFF) etc.

This needs to be in a very near future update.

27 minutes ago, DavidHager said:

This needs to be in a very near future update.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

This is the Questions part of the forums. To request changes you need to post a request (or agree with an existing one, if any) in the Feature Requests & Suggestions part of the forums.

For now, using the Affinity applications, your only choice is to use Designer and Artboards, or the method I outlined above. Or use another application to split the PDF file you create from Publisher. Or use another application entirely.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

20 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

No, Publisher will only export a single PDF containing all the pages you specify. You could, though, specify a selection of pages in the Export dialog, then Open the resulting PDF file in Designer (giving 1 Artboard per page) and finally use the Export Persona to create multiple PDF files.

Hi Walt,

Thanks for the suggestion. I must study the export persona a bit better.
I do have to convert my artboards to slice before export, right?

Thanks again for your help!
Have a nice day,
Nicolas

4 hours ago, leminilab said:

I do have to convert my artboards to slice before export, right?

I think you can do that easily, using the button in the Export Persona's Layers panel.

-- Walt
PC:

• 1 year later...
On 9/25/2021 at 6:34 AM, walt.farrell said:

Is there currently a quicker way?  I'm looking to export 1 page per pdf, but all the pages in publisher exported at the same time instead of having to go thru each page to export.

30 minutes ago, Greg T said:

Is there currently a quicker way?

None using the Affinity suite.

There are probably many ways to split a PDF into individual pages using other applications, though. A web search will probably provide several suggestions.

-- Walt
PC: