You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Just updated to 1.7.1.404, and I've got trouble

I can no longer expand the layers panel. I can only see 1 layer in a 12 layer image.  Anyway to fix this?

In fact none of the panels can be resized vertically. Weird.

Photophart

P.S. I've been trying to use it as is and frankly, not being able to see the layers at all makes the software unusable. How would I go about backtracking to a previous version of photo?

Yup. It puts back some of the panel's functionality but the panels remain un-sizable vertically. Add this to the fact that I just spent an hour yesterday reconfiguring all my panels for my double monitor setup after the 1.7.0 update destroyed the layout and I'm getting a bit tired of having to repeat this process on a regular basis. That was a great idea though and at least I can see some of the layers I'm working on whereas before I could only see one.

Regards

It gets worse. After using the studio reset and rearranging the panels when I close AFphoto and then restart it the layers panel is back to showing only a single layer. Is going back to a previous version feasible without destroying all the goodies I've got in APh so far?

Ah...never mind, looks like all my macros have been vaporized.

Have you tried booting Affinity while holding down CTRL, You could probably just try Reset Studio

This is the screen you should see...

Screen-Shot-2019-06-19-at-08-14-06.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• Staff

Hi PhotoPhart, 

Are you using the Windows or Mac version? Can you confirm that the app works as expected when using a single monitor?

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

On 6/19/2019 at 2:35 AM, photophart said:

Yes I tried that too. APh works OK in single monitor configuration by using studio reset but it can no longer be used on double monitors. Frustrating,

I'm running the update on 2 monitors without issue on Win 10. By that I mean my practice is to open AP on my main monitor and as needed drag images and panels onto the other monitor without layers vanishing or other misbehavior. 

You've got it working OK on a single monitor. From this point what have you tried to do that doesn't work?

Windows 11 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP, AD & APub

Problem arises when moving studio panels like layers to the second monitor. Any panel moved to the second monitor cannot be resized vertically but can be resized horizontally. However when APh is closed and restarted any resizing is reset to what appears to be a default of some sort. In the case of the layers panel you can only see one layer. Struck me as odd that this feature works fine in Publisher and Designer so I entered this as a feature request in the forum a few hours ago, thinking it was perhaps an oversight. Now however I'm wondering if it was by design to facilitate the workings of the new Studio Links, about the coolest thing as I've seen in a long while!  In either case I'd very much like to have the movable, resizeable panels back.