BobM

Cross Reference Feature and Book Feature

As a long time User of Adobe InDesign CC, I am very impressed with Affinity Publisher.   We are looking for alternatives to Adobe products and their high priced ripoff subscriptions.

Affinity does practically everything InDesign CC can do and some things better, except for 2 things, which we need.

1.  Cross Reference feature for assigning Figure numbers to images.

2.  Books - the ability to compile sections into a combined book.

Maybe these features exist, and I don't know how to use them?

Or will these features be added in the future?

Thanks,

Bob M 

Book Pallette.jpg

Cross Reference.jpg

I second this!

I've been searching for an answer to this all morning, if I've been missing it please let me know!

Both of these things have come up multiple times in other threads and they are not currently available in Publisher.  I would expect cross-references to be added within the next few releases, the book feature possibly a bit further off, but we should get a better handle on that when the road map is published, probably within the next few days now that Publisher is officially released.

I'm in the same boat as the OP, but have a couple more items to add to the list of things that we would need before switching our team over to Affinity.

• Export to a Word file, or some way for editors to easily edit text only
  • Footnotes and Endnotes
  • Ability to pull some content from a database for things like bibliographies

I couldn't find the roadmap, is that out yet?

I'm very excited about what I see already, we'll buy at least 15 licenses the moment those features are available.

39 minutes ago, sp@sawyerpaul.com said:

+1 for both cross references and book files. Massive time savers when working with large documents. 

Hello there,

welcome to the forum.

Just as a friendly reminder: it is not a good idea to use a real email adress as your forum name. It will most likely be picked up by some spam robots and eventually you will get swamped with spam mail.

At the top right of this page there is a dropdown menu where you can change your acount settings, if you want. Of course, this is up to you.

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 (beta 1.8.0.486)   |   Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 (beta 1.8.0.486)   |   Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 (beta 1.7.3.475)
Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.7   |   Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil