You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Proper line tool please

Hey guys, I know we've gone over this before and there is a semi-workable way to do it for a few quick lines, but the method of using the pen tool with the straight option is untenable for the following reason: after every 2 clicks (I work with a tablet — dragging is less preferable to tapping in this case for me — I have to hit Esc on the keyboard, otherwise AD simply continues adding a point to the EXISTING path The definition of a line is the shortest distance between 2 points, not 3. Please provide a REAL line mode, where after 2 clicks, the tool resets and begins creating the next line. Look at what I have to do for this design, it's driving me fragging nuts, I'm thinking of jumping to AI, but I want to try doing this in AD because I will try to integrate pixels into this... HELP!!!

post-1105-0-79181100-1431924036_thumb.jpg

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• Staff

Hi Ronny,

This is surely just an option in the Pen Tool's Line mode that doesn't select the last node after it puts it down, isn't it? There's no need for another tool is there? :S  Sorry it's bugging you so much - I'm sure we can add it without much trouble very quickly...

Thanks,

Matt

• Staff

Okay, I've added 'Polygon' mode - which acts like the current Line mode, and then changed 'Line' mode to work like you expect, Ronny. This is in the next beta (hopefully we'll be able to get this compiled and deployed later today - tomorrow at the worst)

Thanks! :)

Matt

Thanks for the quick turnaround, Matt! Yes, that's exactly the behavior we need... looking forward to the next beta, the last few weeks have been silent, I wonder what goodies you will unleash :)

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• Staff

Not working for me...

I think Nat was suggesting some keys he'd like to see implemented that are currently unbound to anything - although I appreciate that it can also be read as suggesting that those keys should work! Sorry! :S

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.