MacOS Mojave

When I click the snapping icon nothing happens. There are no options. Am I missing something?

screenshot.jpg.ae427d396bf04c541f8df90346d138c0.jpg

Thanks for letting us know. We'll see if we can figure out why you had to reset the app.

5 hours ago, Leigh said:

Thanks for letting us know. We'll see if we can figure out why you had to reset the app.

I had the same problem after the update, I didn't have to reset the app, just the toolbar icon set, I dragged the default set in for a replacement. There were two of the Snap Magnets on my tool bar and only the one on the far right did anything. I should have taken a picture before reseting. The tool bar was almost empty.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.2 | Affinity Photo 1.7.2 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.2 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.2.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.2.151 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.2.458

22 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

I had the same problem after the update, I didn't have to reset the app, just the toolbar icon set, I dragged the default set in for a replacement. There were two of the Snap Magnets on my tool bar and only the one on the far right did anything. I should have taken a picture before reseting. The tool bar was almost empty.

Thanks for letting us know :)

Same here on El Capitan with Aph 1.7.

aph_top_bar.thumb.jpg.80e363339e42c2fdd8c16b95e7665538.jpg

So both Photo & Designer suffered from the same problem after their MAS release updates to v.1.7. Also didn't had any beta versions of those installed just their previous MAS releases.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.1 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.1 ◆ OSX El Capitan

On 6/6/2019 at 8:39 AM, Old Bruce said:

I didn't have to reset the app, just the toolbar icon set...

In both Designer & Photo, updating to 1.7 messed up a lot of my fairly extensive customization of their toolbars. Not only did I get the weird single button Snap Magnet in two places, one of which replaced the multi-button one I had dragged to the non-default position where I wanted it, various other items were either removed or replaced with something else, or their position on the toolbar was changed.

I remember something like this happening before on some update but not the details, other than on that occasion some of my fixed width spaces were replaced with flexible spaces, which I don't want because it means toolbar icons change positions relative to the width of the workspace window.

At least that did not happen this time.

Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 & Affinity Designer 1.7.2.6 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

@v_kyr & @R C-R You may have already seen this thread but I wanted to make sure you were both aware that this has been reproduced by the QA team and it's been logged with the Devs to be fixed. We're sorry that this update has lost your Custom toolbars and shortcuts.

40 minutes ago, Leigh said:

@v_kyr & @R C-R You may have already seen this thread but I wanted to make sure you were both aware that this has been reproduced by the QA team and it's been logged with the Devs to be fixed. We're sorry that this update has lost your Custom toolbars and shortcuts.

Thanks! I had not seen that particular thread but I have been following others related to the issue.

FWIW I did not lose more than a few of my keyboard shortcuts so for me the only significant inconvenience was rebuilding the toolbar. I did that by dragging & dropping without beginning by restoring the defaults because enough of my custom layout remained that it was easier than starting over from the default.

Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 & Affinity Designer 1.7.2.6 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

I did it the other way around, with (re)customizing fresh new settings, in order to not have further mismatch with other settings and the like from the previous releases.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.1 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.1 ◆ OSX El Capitan