You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to computer speed fast

Assuming you're referring to Affinity apps in particular being slow to open etc, I would just say that (with a fairly low spec PC) I find them all much slower than most other software I have. It does seem that having a lot of fonts installed affects the time it takes for them to start up.

Having said that, I've learnt to live with it and don't really find it a problem. 9_9

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

11 minutes ago, PaulEC said:

It does seem that having a lot of fonts installed affects the time it takes for them to start up.

Publisher, and the 1.7 versions of Photo and Designer, have significantly improved that.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

6 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Publisher, and the 1.7 versions of Photo and Designer, have significantly improved that.

That was my immediate thought, Walt, but the fact that this thread is about Publisher suggests that the OP thinks it’s still too slow.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

29 minutes ago, Alfred said:

That was my immediate thought, Walt, but the fact that this thread is about Publisher suggests that the OP thinks it’s still too slow.

This topic is located in the Publisher forum but we really have no idea what Affinity application the OP is using. All they've said is that their computer is slow, but no details on what they're doing, or what application they're using.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.