I wanted to start a 1. and then hit return and get the 2. added autmatically like PS and Pages has. Any chance we have this in Photo or Design?

Take a look at Affinity Publisher βeta 1.7.x I don't know whether this will be added to the 1.7 beta's of Affinity Designer but you can download Publisher Beta from here: 

Screen-Shot-2019-05-23-at-07-23-59.png

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Live 19th June 2019

3 minutes ago, SurJones said:

Thanks dude, but not helpful. Lol

Well, it's helpful if you're willing and able to use the Beta of Publisher now for your work, because in that case you have an immediate solution. :)

Even more helpful, perhaps: The Designer 1.7 beta already includes this function, via the Text Styles Numbered 1, Numbered 2, and Numbered 3.

So, if you're willing/able to use the Designer beta you have an immediate solution. Or, you can wait for the beta to finish if you need to have it in a retail version, and you'll get it as a free update to 1.7 from your current release of Designer.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.399 Beta

If @SurJones  is unwilling to use a beta for production, then would it be possible to use the beta to create the numbered list, then copy it and paste into the Designer 1.6?.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

1 hour ago, John Rostron said:

If @SurJones  is unwilling to use a beta for production, then would it be possible to use the beta to create the numbered list, then copy it and paste into the Designer 1.6?.

That is extremely unlikely to work. Nothing else that I know can be created in the beta and used in the retail version in any way.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.399 Beta

It will paste into Affinity Designer 1.6.x but each line is a separate layer and not bulleted style, although it retains the bulleted number and full stop.

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Live 19th June 2019

Actually you would have to use what

19 hours ago, SurJones said:

I wanted to start a 1. and then hit return and get the 2. added autmatically like PS and Pages has. Any chance we have this in Photo or Design?

NO, there isn't such a feature, though it wouldn't be hard to implement something like that in behavior ...

So what you actually can only do is, create a list in some other tool (Pages, a Text editor etc.) which supports this and copy/paste the text over to APh/AD then.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.0 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.0 ◆ OSX El Capitan