You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Anthony D Walker,

I'm not sure what you mean by Picture File sorry could you provide more information? Are you going to File > Save or File > Export?

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

When you say you "have to log into it" what is the 'it' you are talking about?

Do you really mean you must do a log in procedure of some sort to access whatever location you want to export the file to, or do you perhaps mean you are trying to export the photo to a different application that maintains its own photo library or catalog?

Also, are you a Mac or Windows user?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

21 hours ago, anthony d walker said:

New to AP. Why when I export edited photos does it not go to my picture file, well it does but I have to log into it in Affinity with a smaller photo. What am I doing wrong?

Sorry folks, I used the term 'log in' wrongly. I am on windows 10 and I use the pictures ap  there. When I edit a photo, it comes up on windows 10 with AP file extension. When I click on to it instead of it being displayed in windows 10 I get diverted to AP and see a smaller version of it. Why can't I see it in windows 10 pictures file?

@anthony d walker,

Are you exporting to a specific file format, if so what format? If you save it, then it is saved in Affinity proprietary working file format having the .afphoto file extension. These files can only be opened by Affinity products, as programs such as Windows Picture viewer are not able to read them. For any other format you must go to File>Export then select one of the formats to export your image in.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

On 3/20/2019 at 6:15 PM, anthony d walker said:

When I edit a photo, it comes up on windows 10 with AP file extension. 

Are you refering to seeing your image file in Windows File Explorer? When you installed Affinity Photo it would associate most image file types with Photo, and tells Windows to use the Affinity icon when displaying file names in Explorer.

On 3/20/2019 at 6:15 PM, anthony d walker said:

When I click on to it instead of it being displayed in windows 10 I get diverted to AP and see a smaller version of it. Why can't I see it in windows 10 pictures file?

As I said above, the installation associates these image file types with Photo. If you right-click on the file, you will be offered the option of opening it with another program (such as Windows Picture Viewer). You can also change the default program that opens that file type.

John

Windows 11, Affinity Photo 2.4.2 Designer 2.4.2 and Publisher 2.4.2 (mainly Photo).

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500 @ 3.00GHz. RAM: 32.0GB  DDR4 @ 1063MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050