grapher

problem with ALT in shortcuts

maybe its bug that is already reported, but im unable to find it here...

if you are editing text field, and forexample press alt-space for inserting non breaking space, you loose focus on textfield and are in main menu (file, edit etc) 
Its super-annoying  if you are editing larger text :)

Hi grapher, 

I have a feeling this maybe how you're pressing Alt+Space. I found I could only reproduce this if I release Alt before Space (almost rolling my fingers over it). If I release space and then Alt I don't get it. Would you be able to try this and see if it improves the shortcut issue for you please?

8 minutes ago, grapher said:

yes, it is the case. Please fix this soon :)  its very annoying

Are you sure this isn't just normal Windows processing? Alt, by itself, would switch to the menu bar as a standard Windows action.

What happens in other applications?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.422 Beta

No its definitely not normal win processing. try photoshop forexample or any other complex program under win...

I have tried other programs. I don't have Photoshop, though, so I can't try that one.

And unfortunately, none of my other programs, as far as I know, use Alt+Space for a non-breaking space.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.422 Beta

simply add alt-something in any program as shortcut.... You Will never jump to menu.