Sign in to follow this  
Davidlower

How to install fonts from Mac to iPad

Hi,

I have nearly 300 fonts on my Mac, which I would like to use on my iPad versions of the software (photo and affinity). Does anyone know how I can import all these fonts from Mac to iPad? That would be great help. Thanks. 

Ps I have tried using an app called all fonts from iPad. But I was not able to get it to work. Also to note my fonts are all contained within the font book folder as the default on the Mac. 

I can import direct into the App via preferences from a iCloud files shared folder from my Mac but I would warn against bringing so many fonts in as I’m pretty sure that will have a big performance impact. Be selective.

Affinity Photo 1.6.7 and Designer 1.6.1 on MAC Mojave 10.4 Beta, Affinity Photo 1.6.9 and Designer 1.6.3 on iPad Pro 9.7" IOS 12.1 beta 5, Affinity Photo 1.6.4 on Windows 10

If you import fonts directly into either Affinity Photo or Affinity Designer, you have to repeat the procedure for the other app. I prefer to use configuration profiles, added either via Florian Schimanke’s AnyFont app or by using the ‘Install on iPad’ buttons on the Font Squirrel website, which makes the fonts available to all apps on the device.

I have gradually added more than 200 configuration profiles for new fonts, and I haven’t noticed a performance hit in either of the Affinity apps.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.11.85 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

Thanks @PMudditt and @Alfred for this.

@PMudditt I did not notice that feature before. I am almost certain it did not exist. Admittedly it was a good 6 months or more before I last checked. I just remember I couldn't get anything to work for ages. Anyway that feature worked very well. I imported all my fonts relatively painlessly. I have not noticed a lag in performance which is great.

@Alfred I tried setting up individual profiles and although it worked it was too painful to do for 400-500 fonts. At the moment I only need the fonts for affinity designer. But it is a nice idea and useful to know.

Thanks for the help everyone.