Viktor Beekman

Let adjustment layer affect only one (fill) layer

Hi,

It seems impossible to have an adjustment layer affect ONLY one fill layer on the iPad version. It’s driving me nuts! Dragging on top of the layer, grouping, anything; nothing works. Yes, I am new to Affinity Photo, but so far I’m not able to speed up my workflow and choose it over good old Photoshop, sorry. But I really want to! Help me out?

Thanks!

Hi Viktor, Adjustment layers effect all layers below them. They can also be used to effect only a single layer by clipping the adjustment layer to the object layer (being the layer you want to apply the effect to). Drag the adjustment layer over the object layer and when you see a blue line, release the layer. The effect of the adjustment layer will now be restricted to the object layer in which it is now nested.

It takes a little while to get used to any new application, and many features in AP work differently to PS. Have a look at some of the video tutorials and get a feel for how it operates. It’s worth the effort. :)

Try this one for filters and adjustments. https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/tutorials/photo/ipad/category/filters-and-adjustments/

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.1 Affinity Photo 1.6.11.85 Affinity Design 1.6.4.45