You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

enter full screen but then.....

I was trying to use the various functions in V1.7 and had the disgrace to enter full screen mode...

Normally in Mac you press escape and you go back to the normal situation. But here no, I had to restart my imac.

Went to the preferences and found that there is a magic combination to exit the full screen more. I then happily erased it thinking that now it will not allow me to go back in full screen mode since it does not have an exit. Wrong. I  had to restart the mac again. I went to the internet to look and found that as an option one can point the harrow in the upper left corner direction. No arrow allowed in that moment so I pointed the hand and it worked. Well, I guess you got my point.

Use escape key or just say how to turn back to the normal screen before allowing full screen mode. It should be that simple.

Escape is not a universal shortcut for leaving full-screen mode on a Mac.  It works in many applications, but not all.

You can switch applications with Command+Tab if nothing else, but the "normal" way to do this is to bump the mouse against the top of the screen and the menu bar and the title bar of the window become visible; the green button on the title bar will allow you to leave full-screen mode.

• Staff
On 1/27/2019 at 1:06 AM, srg said:

Use escape key or just say how to turn back to the normal screen before allowing full screen mode. It should be that simple.

I think a small notification might be a nice idea. I've seen it when entering full screen in a video player. 

As a side note, mousing up to the top of the screen with any tool selected should change to the arrow (when it reaches the UI) and should drop down the menu items so you can get back to Window > Exit Full Screen.

FWIW, I just accidentally discovered that Cmd+. (hold down Command, type a full stop) returns from full screen to normal, at least on my machine.

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.